Dr Phil - The family! Lies and Scams... Phil, Jay, Robin, Joseph, Jordan
Dr. Phil McGraw - the family - and the less than ethical way he’s conducted himself during his career.
1. Sex! There are allegations of sexual abuse from a patient and a former employee who said that she was sexually fondled by Dr. when she working as a 19 year-old intern in his biofeedback lab in 1984. She said he “he’d reach into my blouse and touch by breasts. He liked to rub my legs. He loved to rub my pelvic bone.” Dr. Phil calls the allegations false and said “it was fully investigated and dismissed,” but that’s not true because the Texas State Board issued a reprimand to Dr. Phil in 1999, a year after the complaint was filed, for an “inappropriate dual relationship” with a patient and that his practice was put on probation for 12 months. He left the practice less than a year later and moved to Dallas.
2. The Scholarship! In 1968, Phil was awarded a football scholarship to the University of Tulsa, where he played middle linebacker under Coach Glenn Dobbs. McGraw transferred to Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, Texas. On his show Dr. Phil, Mcgraw has always complained about basically eating cat food and being poor during his college years. But he had a scholarship... After obtaining his Ph.D., McGraw joined his father, Dr. Joe McGraw, in Wichita Falls, Texas, where the elder McGraw had established his private psychology practice.
3. Jay Mcgraw! The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution for Teens... This is basically a plagiarized copy of The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution by his father. I read through both years ago and the outlines were almost duplicates. Jay McGraw is now worth $12.5 million and married to a Playmate. Phil McGraw, who has been an outspoken critic of pornography, was best man at his son's wedding, which was held at his home in Beverly Hills.
4. Robin McGraw! The shiny trophy wife who sits in the audience daily to "show" support. By way of the show, you would think that Phil and Robin were high school sweethearts and maintained an entire life together... Phil and Robin didn't get married until 1976 when Phil was already 26 years old.
5. Jordan McGraw! This is the wild card we almost never hear about. Jordan just seems to scour the earth looking for the next musical opportunity and does not much else... Phil had to have given Jordan money because that's the only logical explanation there is. [If I were loaded making $80 million a year, I would give money to my kids too]. But, Phil is always on telling people to get jobs like Judge Judy when his own son... well...
6. The Extended Family! They seem to have been left in the dust by Robin... and Phil... [Don't get me wrong... I wouldn't give about half of my extended family anything either.] Some of these extended family members don't appear to be too happy. Once in a while they get thrown a bone like the Jelly of the Month club! A joke set up by Robin (seems like the type)?
7. And back in the 1970s Dr. Phil ditched another business when his questionable financial handling came to light. He had a heath spa in Topeka, Kansas that he abruptly closed after he was investigated by the Attorney General’s office for fraud. He still owes tens of thousands to area banks and has never paid a penny:
In September 1973, barely two years after opening the Grecian Health Spa in Topeka, McGraw suddenly shut it down and fled to Wichita Falls, Texas, where his father, psychologist Joseph McGraw, had a private practice.
Why the sudden flight? Possible because McGraw had become the object of an intense fraud investigation by the Attorney General’s office in Topeka!
“McGraw had been pulling off a textbook example of a membership scam,” says Emery Goad, who worked on the case as lead investigator with the Attorney General’s office after it had received numerous complaints against the spa.
“He was signing up hundreds of customers to long, expensive contracts, then turning around and selling the contracts to a financial institution for a percentage of the total value up front in cash.
“He then simply shut down the spa at some point after collecting that money and left town. It was a total rip-off because the customers would still be liable for the contract payments, only now to the financial institution…”
Court papers also reveal that between September 1973 and June 1974, McGraw was sued by three different Topeka banks for $41,000 they claimed he owed.
The three banks managed to have summons served on him in Texas – but McGraw never put in a court appearance in Topeka for any of the three lawsuits and did not pay back a penny.
“It was probably by design that he went back to Texas,” says Goad. “At that time, Texas was one of only two states in the Union where you couldn’t collect on out-of-state judgments.”
8. The Weight Loss Scam! In 2003, McGraw entered the weight-loss business, selling shakes, energy bars, and supplements. These products were promoted on his show with his sisters Deana and Brenda and nephew Tony. Brand name "Shape It Up, Woo, Woo!" Facing a Federal Trade Commission investigation into Shape Up's claims, McGraw pulled his supplements off the market in March 2004. In October 2005, several people who used McGraw's products declared an intent to file a class-action lawsuit against him, claiming that although the supplements cost $120 per month they did not stimulate weight loss. McGraw settled the suit in September 2006 for $10.5 million. Some of the settlement ($6 million) may be paid to the plaintiffs in the form of Amway (Quixtar) brand Nutrilite vitamin [What???].
9. McGraw married his first wife, an ex-cheerleader and homecoming queen named Debbie Higgins McCall, in 1970, when he was 20 years old. According to her, McGraw was domineering and would not allow her to participate in the family business. She claimed that she was confined to domestic duties, which included lifting weights to improve her bustline.
Ah Dr Phil
Geez when l have the time l always enjoying watching his show
There are some great topics he talks about
it is good to have abit of history about him
I never knew he sexauly abused a 19yr old patient way back in 1984 it is amzing waht you dont know about a person
But l have to say that he has done well in his career now and he has helped alot of people who didnt have the money to have certain treatments
i bet he has dried semen in his mustache.
Other than that, the man's got problems. I wonder if Oprah knew about all this.
He should an episode about the Hawaiian people & their abnormally high level of love for spam.
Well l know Dr Phil has had a few secrets which have been tucked away some migght be true while others might be fulse
All l can say is that he has a huge following and has helped quite a few people out through his show with not only money but poeple he knows who are experieced in diffent medical feilds
None of this surprises anyone. Personally, I've never really been able to listen to Dr. Phil because he looks kind of like a doobie. It's hard listening to a guy when you're thinking, "That's the biggest doobie I've ever seen!"
How dare they get married at 26!! :mad:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.