Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Celeb Talk/Gossip (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Mel loosin' it again (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145574)

Digifruitella 04-22-2012 03:14 AM

Mel loosin' it again

http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=24596&count=0

"Whaaaaat thaaaa fuuuuuuck haaaave youuuuu beeeen doiiinnngGGGG!" lmao

Buck Turgidson 04-22-2012 05:15 AM

I forsee five pages of praise of Gibson, denial that he's ever done anything wrong in his life, insults directed as Esterhaus because of the fact that he wrote Showgirls (never mind that he also wrote Betrayed and Music Box) and assertions that Braveheart is the acme of human cultural achievement.

Enjoy.

Bourne101 04-22-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson (Post 3545052)
I forsee five pages of praise of Gibson, denial that he's ever done anything wrong in his life, insults directed as Esterhaus because of the fact that he wrote Showgirls (never mind that he also wrote Betrayed and Music Box) and assertions that Braveheart is the acme of human cultural achievement.

Enjoy.

I foresaw this exact post from you. :p

When it comes right down to it though, while Mel is most definitely sick, the fact that all of this crap is posted online for the world to hear shows just how sick everybody is. The guy needs help, but Esterhaus recording this a while ago and then leaking it when his awful screenplay got rejected is pretty fucking sad.

Lady Stardust 04-22-2012 09:12 AM

Why couldn't he just make another fucked up and violent gorefest film instead?:p

God of War 04-22-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Stardust (Post 3545089)
Why couldn't he just make another fucked up and violent gorefest film instead?:p

This exactly.

jeo4 04-22-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson (Post 3545052)

Enjoy.

+1

ilovemovies 04-22-2012 10:39 AM

Well, Braveheart IS one of my favorite movies period. But that's really all I have to say on that.

I will say that IF, and that is a big if, what Esterhaus says about Gibson wanting to make this movie to convert Jews to Christianity, that is both patently absurd and ridiculous and pretty messed up too.

But whenever it's a he said, he said thing going on, you never really know who to believe.

Brando @$$ Fat 04-22-2012 10:46 AM

To cut down on the number of threads, I propose we only do threads on Mel Gibson when he doesn't do something completely mental.

Bourne101 04-22-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat (Post 3545121)
To cut down on the number of threads, I propose we only do threads on Mel Gibson when he doesn't do something completely mental.

Hahaha, I agree. The next time Mel and RDJ go to In-N-Out for burgers, I'll be sure to make a thread.

DaveyJoeG 04-22-2012 11:59 AM

WHO WANTS TO FUCKING EAT!?

psycheoutsteve 04-22-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne101 (Post 3545076)
I foresaw this exact post from you. :p

When it comes right down to it though, while Mel is most definitely sick, the fact that all of this crap is posted online for the world to hear shows just how sick everybody is. The guy needs help, but Esterhaus recording this a while ago and then leaking it when his awful screenplay got rejected is pretty fucking sad.

True, but the thing is that Mel is too predictable these days. People are always expecting him to blow up and it's gotten to the point that you can almost always count on him having some sort of meltdown every 3 to 5 months. Based on the patterns of his behavior, it's no wonder everyone keeps a recorder handy, he's too easy to blackmail.

Bourne101 04-22-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve (Post 3545128)
Based on the patterns of his behavior, it's no wonder everyone keeps a recorder handy, he's too easy to blackmail.

Well, Esterhaus didn't exactly do the best job of it, if that was his intent. Now everyone knows his screenplay was shit, he went over-schedule when writing it, and he's willing to record people without their consent. His career was already fucked anyway, but this isn't improving anything. He's just taking Mel down with him.

MovieMaster 04-22-2012 01:48 PM

Gibson's crazy rants are still better writing than anything Esterhaus has ever done.

psycheoutsteve 04-22-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne101 (Post 3545129)
Well, Esterhaus didn't exactly do the best job of it, if that was his intent. Now everyone knows his screenplay was shit, he went over-schedule when writing it, and he's willing to record people without their consent. His career was already fucked anyway, but this isn't improving anything. He's just taking Mel down with him.

And maybe that's also true, but Mel should of learned by now to keep his temper under control and avoid ranting about things that have earned him so much bad press already.

Bourne101 04-22-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve (Post 3545134)
Mel should of learned by now to keep his temper under control and avoid ranting about things that have earned him so much bad press already.

No doubt, I'm not suggesting otherwise. I just don't see the point in Esterhaus, or anyone else, leaking tapes.

echo_bravo 04-22-2012 03:18 PM

The guy is definitely a loon but I'd still like to see his Viking movie.

Cop No. 633 04-22-2012 05:01 PM

I think the obvious solution now is to bring back Shit My Dad Says starring Mel Gibson. It'd probably have to be on Showtime though.

SkyNet 04-22-2012 06:16 PM

Dude needs anger management classes, without a doubt! That is some insane yelling.. but I cant understand a fucking word he screams in that tape recording!

As for Esterhaus's claims... i don't really believe the dude, he turned in a shit script, no one liked it, he knows what Gibson is now known for, and he used that. Then releasing this recording, it backs up his claims that Gibson was a screaming loon, and he wants that to convince the masses that the rest of what he claimed is also fact. I don't buy it.

And, I know ppl get pissed when anyone, god forbid, is in Gibsons corner, but if i was working on a project, and I gave the project to a writer, and that writer took way longer than the agreed upon terms and then turned in an utter piece of shit, i would be fucking irate too. It is one thing to take longer than the agreed upon terms, if you turn in a great script, that can be forgiven, but to take that long for a script and then turn in shit is/ and should be career ending. And when you are a producer on a project, you want to get things done in a timely manner cuz time is money. Esterhaus fucked Gibson, and Gibson was pissed. As for the shots at his ex wife... my belief of that whole thing is she was trying to extort money from him, she married him for his fame and it came to light, that happens to me, i will threaten to bury a bitch in the rose garden too! (Empty threats, as is what Gibsons were!). Why do i think that? Oh, maybe because dude was married fr like 30 years to one woman, that woman and him divorced, that woman took half of his money in the divorce and we have never heard one peep about that! No recorded tapes, nothing! Is he pissed about that, probably, but publicly, not a fucking peep. but this other bitch records him and extorts him ,and he comes off as the bad guy! (Although, when ranting, it is best not to use the N word!)

As for the original thing of his notoriety, you know.. ya, that was fucked! But c'mon, we got "Sugar Tits" out of it!

Frankenberry Reborn 04-22-2012 07:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggKPVRk8uAE

hooooooooorrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Bondgirl 04-22-2012 08:40 PM

Yes l heard about mel gibson losing his temper again and it was said that someone recorded it

You could hardly understand what he was saying and it was lucky that they had sub titles on it when it was televised on tv

I really wonder if he is drinking again and know this as fact that it can change your nature when you are drunk

I just wish he could get his act together and start directinig movies or starring in them instead of doing all of this

overwatch 04-23-2012 05:49 AM

If someone recorded me at my most angriest they'd think I was a fucking nutcase as well.

Spidey 04-23-2012 06:52 AM

Live like a Windrammer as you Fuck.

Silverload 04-23-2012 07:01 AM

The way the letter read I was expecting worse. This was Christian Bale angry, tops.

RustyRazor 04-23-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat (Post 3545121)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...es_mondays.gif

I like this idea.

SS-Block 04-23-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

He then called WME Chairman Ari Emanuel a "c*nt Jewboy," said that John Lennon deserved to be shot and that he wants to "f*ck [ex-wife Oksana Grigorieva] in the ass and stab her while I'm doing it."
lol

None of that (the best bit) was on Eszterhaus' tapes.

Although, what we did hear is the childish rantings of someone who clearly needs help.

Imagine he had a bad day, the worst day ever, his outburst still wouldn't make sense. You pull yourself together and act like a fucking professional.

Eszterhaus having a secret recording is suspicious, maybe he was baiting Gibson, but there's no way, unless Eszterhaus is a fucking Jedi, that he could've manipulated Gibson's choice of words.

However, I really do hope he makes a Maccabees film lol.

starcat 04-23-2012 03:25 PM

I still say people should just leave the man alone. Overwatch said it better than anybody, everybody gets mad and says some off the wall shit. I have known some really good people blow up and say shit they dont even mean, and then when its over feel like a dick. Nobodies above it, if you havent you are probably under 30, so just wait. Maybe you didnt say the same hurtful shit Mel did about the same people, maybe it was just more aimed at one person... but when your ranting where everyone isnt supposed to hear you, you just let it fly. Its called venting, and whether people like it or not its much healthier than sitting on your anger. You blow up, let it out, and get on with your life. Personally I think that people that record them for a few seconds of extra fame should be penalized. I am so sick of the run tell dats!!!

DaMovieMan 04-23-2012 03:56 PM

That was more sad than entertaining.

Guy should be left alone already. He directs good movies, who gives a shit if he's got anger issues. It's a never ending cycle.

Mr. Guiltless 04-23-2012 09:00 PM

They say that success is the ultimate truth serum. In truth, if I had the wealth and power status that Mr. Gibson has, I would probably be quite off the cuff too. Only my rants would be better.

hoojib127 04-23-2012 09:15 PM

Why do so many people still have trouble with 'lose' and 'loose'? :confused:

Buck Turgidson 04-24-2012 02:28 AM

Similarly, why do so many people still have trouble between "loudmouth drunk" and "insane, vile, violent bigot"? These are mysteries that bedevil us all.

I'm mad at myself for omitting "Hey, I get drunk from time to time and laff laff laff about the Holocaust...what's the big deal?" from my set of predictions.

Gettin' rusty in my dotage.

Preston_79 04-24-2012 02:56 AM

I'm sure this post will make Buck feel like Nostradamus:-)

This isn't really that big a deal to me. I've yelled at people before, I've called people cock suckers, and I've called ex girlfriends names. I think I stopped doing shit like this though when I was a teenager, so yeah, Mel's an immature asshole. Still, I think if this were a recording of some other celebrity it wouldn't be news, but it's Mel and he has a history of outbursts and even with all his supporters there are many out there that would love to kick some more dirt in his face.

Surprise, surprise, the worst things he was accused of saying weren't on the recording. Nothing about John Lennon, and nothing about Jews. Maybe another tape will get released with those things on it, but I doubt it, or he would have already done it.

What would really end his career is if he followed it up with an awful movie. His movies are fucking awesome though and it looks like Get the Gringo is going to be another excellent movie he can add to his list.

CuatroDiablos 04-24-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Stardust (Post 3545089)

QFT

He has all the right in the world to get angry at his home recording him should be illegal.

He does need a lot of help though.

omegarich 04-25-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preston_79 (Post 3545781)
I'm sure this post will make Buck feel like Nostradamus:-)

Still, I think if this were a recording of some other celebrity it wouldn't be news,

what?? Who would be exempt from a rant like this? The media loves this type of stuff.

Buck Turgidson 04-25-2012 07:52 PM

Man, if I had a dime for every one of Glenn Close's drunken, violent anti-Semitic rants...

SS-Block 04-26-2012 02:15 AM

Mel Gibson's just a troll. Don't let him upset you.

Bondgirl 04-26-2012 07:49 PM

Mel Gibson is a great Australian actor when he was young
But as soon as he made it big in america he went off the rails
I met him once in Wodonga and he was such a nice bloke and he was diffrent then to what he is now it is such a shame when fame goes to your head

He also owned a farm and he had so much going for him

IN America you have to be something which you are not meannig being a high profile person but in Australia he could be a average bloke

DaveyJoeG 04-26-2012 07:52 PM

^Hey! Don't blame our country for your racist nutbag.

hoojib127 04-26-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG (Post 3546679)
^Hey! Don't blame our country for your racist nutbag.

Uh, Mel is originally from New York, folks. His family moved Down Under when he was 12. How do you think he lost his accent so easily? :confused:

DaveyJoeG 04-26-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoojib127 (Post 3546685)
Uh, Mel is originally from New York, folks. His family moved Down Under when he was 12. How do you think he lost his accent so easily? :confused:

Yeah right, and Christopher Nolan is from Chicago.

hcaulfield37 04-27-2012 08:44 AM

Yeah.... I've never freaked out like that. Quite frankly, I'm shocked to see so many of you admit to doing so before. Seriously? I'm not condemning Gibson. I'm just shocked that people believe this isn't anything. Fucking-A people.