Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   The TV Forum (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   I really hope Fringe get a 5th season (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145598)

Dirtyfrog 04-24-2012 10:24 PM

I really hope Fringe get a 5th season

Fringe is one of my fav TV show atm. Not the best , some episodes are duds but overall it's really really good TV. Too bad it doesn't get the rating it deserves ( why the fuck a friday night FOX ? ) because the team behind it are really dedicated to do their best.

My point is last episode : Letters of Transit.

http://www.examiner.com/sites/defaul...o2-600x323.jpg

It's one of those "weird" episode that got nothing to do with the main arc. Basically , it is set in a "Big Brother-Terminator style " 2036 , humanity was overtaken by The Observers and the few "free" humans are struggling for freedom. Following 2 future Fringe agent that got their hands on Walter frozen in amber after the 2015 collapse , the race is on to free the rest of the team while avoiding Observers and the "Loyalites" ( humans doing the Observers dirty job ).

While i'm not sure if they plan a futuristic spin-off of the serie upon cancellation ( on another channel i mean ) or just want to give us a glimpse of what could be ( if doomed after season 4 ) , this episode wins on so many level. Either on recurring characters or story development , it's gold but they still had to wrap it in a high-budget & " i can't believe they didn't keep that story for a movie after the serie is cancelled".

Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond in Lost ) is an awesome John Connor-like dystopian futur leader. Actually , acting - action - story - cinematography are all in sync. THAT'S FUCKING GENIUS.

http://img.over-blog.com/500x281/0/2...2h51m16s63.png

Why the hell doesn't FOX support Fringe more ? I know it's not the first time ( Firefly says HI ) but i guess they rather broadcast another singing reality crap show. Alcatraz sucked.

My bigger WTF is why 2 Broke Girls got some many followers. Either people are dumb or the specific broadcast spot is meaningful. I know lotsa people will DVR Fringe but does that actually count ?

Oh yeah ... BTW , that episode of Fringe got one of the coolest ending

srsly , wake up and realize Fringe is awesome and that it would fare better given a better spot and if you wouldn't take break here and there ( 2 months around xmas and 1 month in feb-march , 2 episodes finale in 2 weeks ). Get some balls and dedicate yourself to your shows !!!

Fringe really does deserves a 5th season. Money-wise , it's close to the 100 episodes syndication rule so at least make it a 13 episodes all-out bang final season.

ilovemovies 04-24-2012 11:50 PM

The twist involving the girl being Peter and Olivia's daughter was utterly predictable. I saw that coming a mile away. But that didn't make the final scene any less moving.

Last week's episode will go down as one of my favorite episodes of the show and now if the show doesn't get renewed, I'll be PISSED! I love what next year's story line will be: the fringe team vs the observers! It's going to be EPIC!

The episode was a nice tease for next season (if there is a next season) leaving us with several dangling questions: what happened to Olivia? Apparently William Bell did something to her, what was it? And finally: how the hell is William Bell even alive to begin with?!!

MovieMaster 04-25-2012 08:08 AM

Well the fact that it has not been renewed yet AND that they have filmed to different endings to the season is not looking good for the show.

Fox is just not capable of having a successful show like this. They will spend millions and millions for Seth McFarlane and his bullshit shows but they have fucked Fringe over constantly. The execs at Fox need to be put to sleep in amber permanently.

ilovemovies 04-25-2012 09:26 AM

If Fringe were on any other network, it never would have lasted beyond 2 seasons.

SpikeDurden 04-25-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemovies (Post 3546132)
If Fringe were on any other network, it never would have lasted beyond 2 seasons.

Indeed. The fact that this has had 4 full seasons shows that Fox does indeed support and love this show more than most of its others. While I would like it to get a final season (perhaps a shorter 13 episode one to wrap things up), 4 seasons is more than I would have ever expected in this day and age for a show like this.

MovieMaster 04-25-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemovies (Post 3546132)

Sci-Fi would be the proper place for it. Hell USA could pull it off better than Fox. Fox is just a mismanaged barrel of assholes.

Smiert Spionam 04-25-2012 03:35 PM

Funny, I was just about to make a new Fringe thread, "Fringe: The Final Season." Maybe we can get the title changed, since, according to co-showrunner J.H.Wyman, we should hear whether or not they're gonna get renewed within the week and he's 99.9% certain that it's gonna happen. :cool:.

Grant it, it'll probably only be 15-episodes, but I'm very confident they could close it out in time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemovies (Post 3546073)
The twist involving the girl being Peter and Olivia's daughter was utterly predictable. I saw that coming a mile away. But that didn't make the final scene any less moving.

Errrr....definitely don't think it was meant to be a "twist," more like a "reveal," I suppose, but even then, I don't think it was meant to be a big secret. I mean, she looks exactly like Olivia...

ilovemovies 04-25-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovieMaster (Post 3546172)
Sci-Fi would be the proper place for it. Hell USA could pull it off better than Fox. Fox is just a mismanaged barrel of assholes.

It never would have been on any of those channels because it's too expensive a show for those channels to produce.

MovieMaster 04-25-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemovies (Post 3546289)
It never would have been on any of those channels because it's too expensive a show for those channels to produce.

Sci-Fi ran Stargate for several years at 2 mil an episode. I am sure they could work with Fringe's 4 mil per episode cost. You could easily trim that budget and Sci-Fi would have no issue picking it up. Same with USA. Even TNT runs a couple of shows in that same price range. You cut the number of episodes, cut a few special fx shots, maybe work with the actors on their salaries and boom, you have a show that any of those networks could run and they would do it better.

Dirtyfrog 04-26-2012 09:55 AM

A 13-15 episodes Season 5 would be nice by me. They could round up the story nicely without being rushed and hit the syndication ratio.

I'm not too familiar with the american TV syndication rule but from what i know , 100 episodes is needed. The reason why 30 ROCK (NBC) is showing on Fox.

Well whatever happens , the last 3 episodes of season 4 are looking very promising.

Psychocandy 04-26-2012 07:29 PM

Season 5 confirmed. It'll be the final season. Which feels about right to me. I hate it when they stretch things out until something snaps. The creators should be able to plan a mighty fine ending. Now I just need to get caught up.

The Gunslinger 04-26-2012 09:02 PM

I really hope Fringe gets a 6th season.

MovieMaster 04-26-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gunslinger (Post 3546682)
I really hope Fringe gets a 6th season.

I hope they get an 8th season.

The Gunslinger 04-26-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovieMaster (Post 3546687)
I hope they get an 8th season.

I can't wait until it pulls a "Lost".

Smiert Spionam 04-28-2012 01:29 PM

I'd prefer to get it all resolved in one season as opposed to have any potential unresolved questions. Fringe has the potential to do what LOST couldn't, which is to not only answer most every question, put provide a better resolution.

I, for one, am very excited and hope that if their final season is as good as their last few have been, Fringe can be considered one of the greatest. :cool:

outsyder 04-28-2012 02:03 PM

Yeah this season started out kinda wishy-washy, but it is finishing very strongly. Hopefully they can keep up the momentum for the final shortened season.

The_alpz 05-01-2012 08:54 PM

News that they will be a 5th season is music to my ears. I'm glad they'll be able to finish what they started.

ilovemovies 05-06-2012 02:22 AM

So awesome to have Leonard Nimoy/William Bell back on the show! Too bad it's as a bad guy though.

Smiert Spionam 05-07-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemovies (Post 3549901)
So awesome to have Leonard Nimoy/William Bell back on the show! Too bad it's as a bad guy though.

Bell was always a bad guy. He may have redeemed himself in the original timeline, but he's always been pretty evil.

MovieMaster 05-09-2012 01:17 PM

Yes it was an awesome episode. I knew the moment Bell said he had to sacrifice a bishop that he wasn't talking about Walter or Peter. Good to see Jones finally get it. Friday's finale will be interesting. Wonder if Astrid makes it?

The_alpz 05-09-2012 11:27 PM

The one thing that gives me hope for Astrid is that she was in the future in with Peter and Walter in episode 19. Would hate to see her go

Dirtyfrog 05-10-2012 04:00 AM

I Tivo'd the last 2 .... not watching until i get finale tomorrow

I stopped watching after Letter in Transit episode.

DuncanIdaho 01-18-2013 09:57 AM

Well this is it, the Fringe series finale is tonight, 2 hours. Going to be a sad evening =(

DuncanIdaho 01-19-2013 04:05 PM

That was probably one of the most fitting series finales I have seen. One of maybe 3 or 4 episodes of TV that made me cry ever.

Spoilers

I knew going into it that Walter was going to sacrifice himself, although not how I was expecting. It was somehow more depressing knowing he would actually be alive and not with his family, who he sacrificed so much for to be with. Then September volunteers and it was such a relief. I should have know it would be a short lived relief and that Walter would still have to make the sacrifice. I guess I wanted Walter to be happy so bad that I was just blind to something that would have normally been obvious. He asked to make that sacrifice though and it is fitting he was able to do it.

Thanks Fox for sticking with it even though the ratings were not what they should have been. For once the network did the right thing with a show of this caliber.

SpikeDurden 01-22-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho (Post 3646169)
That was probably one of the most fitting series finales I have seen. One of maybe 3 or 4 episodes of TV that made me cry ever.

Spoilers

I knew going into it that Walter was going to sacrifice himself, although not how I was expecting. It was somehow more depressing knowing he would actually be alive and not with his family, who he sacrificed so much for to be with. Then September volunteers and it was such a relief. I should have know it would be a short lived relief and that Walter would still have to make the sacrifice. I guess I wanted Walter to be happy so bad that I was just blind to something that would have normally been obvious. He asked to make that sacrifice though and it is fitting he was able to do it.

Thanks Fox for sticking with it even though the ratings were not what they should have been. For once the network did the right thing with a show of this caliber.

Completely agree. I'm still a mess. Incredibly emotionally satisfying.

ilovemovies 03-05-2013 07:08 AM

I finally caught up with this final season and finished the show. Season 5 was utterly amazing IMO. I loved everything about it. From Etta's shocking death to the story of Peter putting the Observer tech chip into his brain and his slow transformation into becoming an Observer to Walter's fear that he's becoming his old self to Peter and Olivia having to find each other again in the aftermath of Etta's death. To the many sacrifices, Nina's being especially sad. To Walter's sacrifice at the end. It was nearly perfect.

Fringe has earned a spot as being among my all time favorite television series. I'm truly gonna miss this show and miss spending time with these great characters: Walter and Peter Bishop and Olivia Dunham. As well as many of the great smaller characters such as Astrid, Broyles, Nina, September, etc. Thank you Fringe for 5 great years of television!

Also, Olivia killing Windmore, was that not one of the coolest and most satisfying comeuppances for any villain ever?!! I love how she used her cortexaphin powers to kill him. Such a great scene. In fact, those final 5 minutes were executed to perfection!