Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Songs you like by bands/artists you don't like (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145630)

Badbird 04-28-2012 01:08 AM

Songs you like by bands/artists you don't like

Here's a simple list: what are some songs you like by bands that you don't like? And I don't mean a list of your favorite one hit wonders, but bands you've actually heard enough material to know that you don't like them - and you don't necessarily have to hate them, they just don't fit with what you're normally into.

I'll start with some:

Guns N Roses - It's So Easy, You Could Be Mine

Madonna - Like a Prayer, Frozen

Micheal Jackson - Smooth Criminal, Beat It

NIN - Wish, Head Like a Hole

Midnight Oil - Beds are Burning

Prince - 1999, Let's Go Crazy

Samantha Fox - Touch Me

Jack White/The White Stripes - The Denial Twist, Another Way to Die

Genesis - Land of Confusion

Beyonce - Crazy in Love

Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf, A View to a Kill

Nick Cave - Into My Arms

Corrosion of Conformity - Vote with a Bullet

Drowning Pool - Step Up

Tesla - Last Action Hero

Queen - Headlong, The Show Must Go On, Flash Gordon

SL Dubbs 04-28-2012 02:32 PM

PJ Harvey-My Naked Cousin

Moby-Porcelain, First Cool Hive, Extreme Ways

Prodigy-Smack My Bitch Up

Enigma-Sadness

Talking Heads- Psycho Killer, Road To Nowhere

Marilyn Manson- The Fight Song

Iggy Pop & The Stooges- Search and Destroy, The Passenger

PSU80 04-29-2012 10:00 AM

The Outfield-Your Love

Simple Minds-Don't You Forget about Me

Moody Blues-In Your Wildest Dreams, Nights in White Satin

The Grateful Dead-Touch of Gray

Yes-Roundabout, Owner of a Lonely Heart

Dirtyfrog 04-29-2012 07:36 PM

That's a nice topic hehe

Ke$ha - Tik Tok the lyrics are super retarded but it's got a good beat and it was all the rage while i was touring Europe in 2010. So many fond memories of dancing with hot spanish girls while chugging on Red Bull & Vodka :p

Duran Duran - Save a Prayer The first time i slow danced with a girl at summer camp at age 13.

Evanescence - My Immortal not a fan of the group but damn it , that's a good stripper song !

Norah Jones - Angels Really not a fan of Norah Jones as a singer and the original version of this song was made by Wax Poetic ( featuring Norah Jones) but the Thievery Corporation version hits all the right notes and makes me want to smoke my Hookah all night.

Dirtyfrog 04-29-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badbird (Post 3547090)
Samantha Fox - Touch Me

yeah , one of my first fap .... remember those 99 cents square badges you could buy at music store ?

Lost in Space 04-30-2012 09:10 PM

Angerfist - Strangle & Mutilate Prostitutes

Headhunterz - Dragonborn

Gareth Emery - Concrete Angel

Skrillex - Kill Everybody

Darkest Hour - Demons

Lost Witness vs Antillas & Dankann ft Sarah J Neild - Chasing Rainbows

SkyNet 05-01-2012 12:49 AM

Foo Fighters: Best of You

im sure i'll have more soon!

I used to hate Coldplay, but then Viva La Vida came out and changed my mind on them! But Foo Fighters, I just don't like, not that they are bad, i just dont like them! But Best of You isn't too bad

AceD 05-01-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badbird (Post 3547090)
Beyonce - Crazy in Love

I feel like that should appear on most lists of this nature.

SS-Block 08-14-2012 05:17 AM

Beard_of_Meat 08-14-2012 06:20 PM

Greatful Dead-Terrapin Station Part 1

Coldplay-The Scientist

Talking Heads-Psycho Killer

Guns N' Roses-You Could Be Mine

AC/DC-Who Made Who

Iron Maiden-Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Lynyrd Skynyrd-Free Bird

SkyNet 08-18-2012 06:19 PM

Badbird... you list Beds Are Burning by midnight Oil... that is one of my all time favorite songs.. but I seriously don't know any other songs by Midnight Oil! Are they a bad band that just had that 1 great song???

I didnt remember posting in this thread before... and I saw this at the top of the page and was going to come in here and put Foo Fighters: Best of You... glad to see I am consistent!

twisted_state 02-25-2013 02:03 AM

Rihanna - We Found Love, i hate myself because of it.

Badbird 02-25-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNet (Post 3588671)
Badbird... you list Beds Are Burning by midnight Oil... that is one of my all time favorite songs.. but I seriously don't know any other songs by Midnight Oil! Are they a bad band that just had that 1 great song???

I didnt remember posting in this thread before... and I saw this at the top of the page and was going to come in here and put Foo Fighters: Best of You... glad to see I am consistent!

Ha ha, late reply. I know. But, yeah, Midnight Oil is just a pretty weird band. Outside of Beds are Burning, everything else was pretty awful.

Del 05-04-2013 08:37 PM

I have loads .. but the worst best one for me at the moment is that Selena girl .. 'Love You Like A Love Song' something. It's just so damn catchy, I hate it so much I keep humming it! Aarrggh. And I keep hitting repeatpeatpeatpeatpeatpeat. AARRGGH! Somebody smack me !!

jaw2929 05-05-2013 09:42 PM

*SMACK* :p

Gotta go with "Toxic" by Britney Spears, "Fireflies" by Owl City & "Genie In a Bottle" by Christina Aguilera.

Strider 05-10-2013 07:19 PM

I don't like Phil Collins in the slightest, but his duet with Philip Bailey on "Easy Lover" is pure fucking 80s music bliss. I love that song!

Strider

Dirtyfrog 05-11-2013 09:41 PM

that ackward moment when you want to reply to a topic but noticed you did that 1 year ago lol

Del 06-01-2013 10:01 PM

"Lick lick lick lick lick lick like a lollipop..." ..

Yep. That's me lately. Lil' Wayne got me .. lickin'. Been trying hard to get this out of my head, grrr..

boondocksaint77 06-25-2013 07:46 AM

Justin Bieber - Never Say Never - It's actually catchy. >_<
Justin Timberlake - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover from Hope for Haiti Now) - Funny how nothing he comes up with is anywhere in the same arena with this cover. He usually comes off as a hack who continues to make bad pop music.
Kylie Minogue - Where The Wild Roses Grow (Duet with Nick Cave) - Wow, amazing song!