Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Current Movie Talk (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Moonrise Kingdom (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145775)

Lazy Boy 05-17-2012 11:42 AM

Moonrise Kingdom

http://www.averagefilmreviews.com/wp...ome-poster.jpg

Directed by Wes Anderson

Written by Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola

Plot: A pair of young lovers flee their New England town, which causes a local search party to fan out and find them.

Cast: Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Tilda Swinton, Harvey Keitel, Jason Schwartzman, Bob Balaban

Rated PG-13 for sexual content and smoking.

Runtime: 94 minutes

The Cannes reviews make me more excited to see this.

Tilda Swinton seems like a perfect fit for Anderson. It's a wonder why she hasn't been cast in one of his films until now.

Bourne101 05-17-2012 11:54 AM

Absolutely cannot wait. In my top 5 most anticipated of the year, easily. This looks like Anderson at the top of his game.

I love that Swinton is credited simply as "Social Services". :D

SpikeDurden 05-17-2012 12:26 PM

I can't wait to see it. I have enjoyed all of Anderson's films to varying degrees, and this looks like it could be his best (live action) film in some time.

blankpage 05-17-2012 08:53 PM

Love the cast.

Love the trailer.

Love almost all of Anderson's work. (I view The Darjeeling Limited as his only "weak" effort)

Love love love love love love love

The Postmaster General 05-18-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Boy (Post 3554133)
http://www.averagefilmreviews.com/wp...ome-poster.jpg

Directed by Wes Anderson

Written by Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola

Plot: A pair of young lovers flee their New England town, which causes a local search party to fan out and find them.

Cast: Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Tilda Swinton, Harvey Keitel, Jason Schwartzman, Bob Balaban

Rated PG-13 for sexual content and smoking.

Runtime: 94 minutes

The Cannes reviews make me more excited to see this.

Tilda Swinton seems like a perfect fit for Anderson. It's a wonder why she hasn't been cast in one of his films until now.

So... they smoke.

ilovemovies 05-18-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blankpage (Post 3554371)
Love the cast.

Love the trailer.

Love almost all of Anderson's work. (I view The Darjeeling Limited as his only "weak" effort)

Love love love love love love love

Trade The Darjeeling Limited with The Life Aquatic and I basically agree. Actually, I did find Bottle Rocket to be rather uneven as well. But in general, I'm a huge fan of Anderson's work. Doesn't look as good as The Royal Tenenbaums, which is still my favorite of his (although The Darjeeling Limited has grown on me and I love it now), but looks very solid nonetheless.

SpikeDurden 05-25-2012 11:57 AM

Absolutely adored it. My favorite Wes film since Royal Tenenbaums. It is the culmination of his style; the directing is so fluid and assured. The film has an amazing energy to it, almost like an animated film (he learned a lot on Fantastic Mr. Fox, it seems), but it is also incredibly sweet and moving. It is also simply hilarious.

Full review to come after I see it a second time.

hoojib127 05-25-2012 05:40 PM

Not opening wide. What a surprise. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lazy Boy 05-26-2012 12:53 AM

"I love you, but you don't know what you're talking about." -- sample line from Moonrise Kingdom

The world of Wes Anderson, so precise in its art direction, cinematography and music, leaves the viewer in a small diorama, or snowglobe, of a world that is highly precious from the real world. It is also a place where children are treated with equal respect and admonition, where a kid can have a drink with the local sheriff, bachelor to bachelor, and commiserate. Pride in intellect reveals secret wounds and dashed dreams. Such is the case with characters like Max Fisher, Richie Tenenbaum, Kristofferson Silverfox and Ned Plimpton. Even Steve Zissou, seen by many as an irredeemably unlikeable grouch, is softened by an emotional reveal at the end of his journey that precedes the start of something new.

Moonrise Kingdom is a deceptively simple film that is vast with multitudes, as the saying goes. Two children, both adolescent in years but older in taste and intelligence, think they know what the other is through various disguises and pedigrees. Sam (Jared Gilman) meets Suzy (Kara Hayward) in a dressing room setting following a performance, questioning her choice of costume: "What kind of bird are you?" Later, he stings her with a presumption about her personality via a book her finds in her luggage; what turns her off is not what he says, but what he says by not saying anything, simply chortling. Later, they will put that aside and dance to Francoise Hardy and reminisce that, however short it may be, this time they have together in their little encampment, their "Moonrise Kingdom" on the beach, will be forever encased. Sam's penchant for artistry will enshrine that moment forever.

Andrew Schenker wrote it best about the line I quoted in the beginning: "Tough and tender collide in a scene where cutesiness is undercut and sentimentality is sharply excised." I live for these scenes, the cutting of sentimentality that is false with something so deep and tender. There's no laughing at the line in The Darjeeling Limited where Schwartzman's character confuses a tearful woman with having been maced; when Max Fisher honestly admits to his teacher that she is grieving over "one dead fingernail" in Rushmore; and when Zissou opines, "Does he remember me?" in The Life Aquatic.

Where I see complexity in Wes Anderson and his movies, others see a child living in arrested development, and boy, they can't wait 'til he gets it out of his system, or something like that. He does indeed spend more time with youth than age, and the adults aren't as interesting to follow even though they try to instill them with characterization beyond the page. Norton's face, exasperated and nearly drooping, betrays Khaki scout pride as failure, but he'll fight the good fight; he's a decent chap. Bruce Willis' sheriff and Frances McDormand (playing Suzy's mom) give hint at a desperate fling, all said wordlessly (again how Anderson can do this brilliantly) and with the grabbing of a cigarette. McDormand carrying around a bullhorn to manage her coterie of children is more of an affectation, but it brings to mind Chaz Tenenbaum and his Type A personality.

Britten's "A Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra" sets our tale with a panning, room-to-room shot of Suzy's family and, especially, her interest in young adventure books. This adventure is not simply of the wilderness and exploration. It's about two young people, having their bodies bruised by aggression (her fist meeting a mirror, for example) and, corny as it sounds, their hearts being bruised by love's arrow.

The rating is undetermined and not necessary right now, but Moonrise Kingdom is a film that pulls a deceptive sleight of hand and makes the simplistic simply captivating.

The Postmaster General 06-07-2012 03:39 AM

Nice write-up, Lazy Boy. I'm really anticipating this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoojib127 (Post 3557058)
Not opening wide. What a surprise. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm right there with you. I can't even figure out when it is supposed to wide. Does anyone have a date?

Anyone catch blurbs about Moonrise breaking the record for highest limited release gross?

Mr.HyDe807 06-07-2012 07:22 PM

I'll be checking this out, first thing Monday.

rustysyringe 06-07-2012 08:15 PM

Anderson = a pretentious, unfunny, bore. Normally I wouldn't even bother to comment on his films. However, this appears to have a more grounded/human tone to it than his previous stuff and looks a little bit charming. Of course the critics will laud it. I'll probably give it a rental.

Bourne101 06-08-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Postmaster General (Post 3561216)
I'm right there with you. I can't even figure out when it is supposed to wide. Does anyone have a date?

It's opening near me next Friday, which means it must be hitting 500+ theatres or so, maybe more.

Mr.HyDe807 06-11-2012 04:45 PM

^Lazy Boy, that was probably my favorite line in the whole movie!

Whimsical, hilarious, and touching, Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom is just fun, majestic filmmaking at the center of its heartfelt core. It has the airiness of fun children’s films, the joyful chemistry in great romance films, and some great dry comedic bits that comes from the ensemble cast that Anderson has put together. Essentially, Moonrise Kingdom is a film that pretty much matches, and perhaps exceeds your expectations.

The film centers around two young, misunderstood outcasts (Jared Gilman and Kara Hayward) that meet, fall in love, and run away together; leading to their respective parents and caretakers to begin searching for them. The plot is fairly simple, but the themes of young love and misunderstood youth are handled excellently. The film is an adventure through and through; with Anderson editing and shooting the island setting with a classy eye, trimming the fat without cutting through the meat. Everything has a point, allowing each character, minor or major, to have some sort of arc that benefits the plot as a whole.

Gilman and Hayward are great as Sam and Suzy, respectively. They have such a natural aura that matches the mood that Anderson wants to convey in his films. They are shy, isolated, and slowly becoming used to the friendly, and possibly romantic counterparts. When the sparks begin to fly, it’s just so damn heartwarming that you’ll probably crack a smile and cheer on the inside when they become one step closer to being a couple. The rest of the supporting cast is excellent, with veteran actors knocking the dry humor out of the park. Edward Norton replaces his intensity that he’s mostly known for in his previous movies to bring bewilderedness to Scout Master Ward, Sam’s scoutmaster who begins to lead the charge to find Sam and Suzy. Bruce Willis uses his stern personality to great affect as Captain Sharp, Frances McDormand handles the weariness of Suzy’s mom Laura to great effect, and Bill Murray steals just about every scene he’s in as Suzy’s dad Walt.

There is just something just totally enriching and great about Moonrise Kingdom. It’s a film that knows exactly what it wants to be, and just completely rides along with gusto. It’s pure, fun, and makes the most of every minute that is put on screen. Anderson’s heart is entirely on his sleeve with this film, and that’s what makes a good film even greater.

9/10

echo_bravo 06-15-2012 02:47 PM

Just got back from a 10:30 am screening (completely packed too) and the whole audience all seemed to love it (some were even clapping at the end of it)

The two leads are really good and not just for kid actors(especially the boy).

Highly recommend seeing this even if you aren't a big Wes Anderson fan.

There is one thing I could of done without though.
Spoiler:
Did they really have to kill the fuckin dog? Jeez

Other than that it was a wonderful film.

9/10
Probably the best film of 2012 so far

Beard_of_Meat 06-18-2012 05:44 PM

I want to see this so bad..Having to wait so long for Limited Release films is one of the worst things about living in NW Indiana..Usually end up having to wait a good 6-8 weeks before I get to see them:(

Bourne101 06-20-2012 08:21 AM

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/fc1...roop-screening

Can't wait to see it this weekend.

ilovemovies 06-20-2012 10:46 AM

This is finally opening at my local theater this Friday so I'll actually be able to see it soon.

arto_j 06-22-2012 03:46 PM

Saw this last week. It really is quite fun. Probably the most enjoyable thing Anderson has made since Rushmore. It's slight and stylized of course but it's so perfectly itself that you can forgive any perceived lack of depth. Bruce Willis is great in this too in a kind of self-effacing performance as a none too smart cop.

Roy Batty 06-28-2012 09:22 PM

Really enjoyed it.

9/10

Beard_of_Meat 07-01-2012 07:30 AM

Seeing this today!..Can't wait:D

Strider 07-01-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Boy (Post 3557212)
...but Moonrise Kingdom is a film that pulls a deceptive sleight of hand and makes the simplistic simply captivating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HyDe807 (Post 3562715)
Whimsical, hilarious, and touching, Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom is just fun, majestic filmmaking at the center of its heartfelt core. It has the airiness of fun children’s films, the joyful chemistry in great romance films, and some great dry comedic bits that comes from the ensemble cast that Anderson has put together. Essentially, Moonrise Kingdom is a film that pretty much matches, and perhaps exceeds your expectations.

Instead of writing my own review, I'll just say that I wholeheartedly agree with Lazy Boy and Mr. Hyde's great reviews.

I saw the film a few weeks ago, and I'm still thinking about it. Moonrise Kingdom is Wes Anderson's ode to childhood innocence, escapism, and love. Not to mention it's very much a Anderson film in its quirkiness, dry humor, colorful characters, and stunning mise-en-scene. The performances from the ensemble cast are great. However, the two child actors, both of whom are nothing short of wonderful, are the stand-outs. Moonrise Kingdom is not only hilarious, whimsical, and brilliantly acted and written, but it's also Anderson's most poignant piece of work. The film connected with me in ways that no other entry in Anderson's terrific filmography has before. I don't know if Moonrise Kingdom is Anderson's magnum opus, but I do know that it's the best film of the year, so far.

9/10

Strider

bigred760 07-03-2012 01:18 AM

I'm hoping to catch this Tuesday morning.

The Postmaster General 07-03-2012 02:50 AM

The short scene where they try and fail to retreat back into the tent is one of the best visual gags I can recall seeing.

JoeChar4321 07-05-2012 07:36 PM

There seems to be a consensus here (how rare is that?)

9/10

Movies like this really should be released more in the summer months. Itís a complete pallet cleanser from all the big CGI stuff that hits during blockbuster season. Itís tremendously quirky and strange but absolutely delightful. Thereís no doubt it requires patience to view because I honestly didnít know what to think of it for the first 15 or 20 minutes. Wanting to see where this superb cast would pop up in what amounts to a kids film kept me interested but the overall tone and story swept me away. There really are some stunning camera angles and visuals on display all the way through. Thereís a warmth to the cartoony and bizarre story that I found to be very appealing and there were many moments where I caught myself smiling as I watched. Wonderful film!

Bourne101 07-07-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echo_bravo (Post 3564333)
There is one thing I could of done without though.
Spoiler:
Did they really have to kill the fuckin dog? Jeez

Haha, that's one of the more surprising things I've seen in a movie lately. I loved Sam's reaction to it though.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?
Sam: Who's to say?

Anyway, this is easily my favorite film of the year so far and while it is tough to rank it amongst Anderson's other films (which have, for the most part, received 9s and 10s from me) it's right up there with the very best. I think the thing that impressed me most about the film was how Anderson incorporated his Peanuts influence. He's done it many times in the past, but this is the first time that the main focus has been on very young kids. It has that kind of blunt and honest wit that makes Peanuts so great ("$70... it's mostly in nickels").

Everyone else has pretty much hit the nail on the head, so I won't go into too much more detail, but some highlights of the film for me included the tracking shot that introduces Ed Norton's character, the pilot saying "Hold on Social Services!", the scouts chasing Sam around in circles, and the acknowledgement that Redford was stabbed in the back with "lefty scissors". There are a ton of other great moments as well and I can't wait to revisit the film to pick up on things I missed the first time.

Flimmaker1473 07-07-2012 03:44 PM

An AMC theater is finally playing this. I will try to see it Monday.

bigred760 07-09-2012 08:24 AM

An interesting, unique, and fun love story, Moonrise Kingdom tells the tale of two pre-teens who fall in love and run away from their respective situations. The two are interesting characters, he's an oddball boy scout and an orphan and she's an unhappy child who may have a little bit of a temper. The two are being chased by her parents, his troop leader, and the town's police chief. With Wes Anderson's clever and unique style of directing, it makes for a fun and funny movie. I've never been that big a fan of Wes Anderson, but even I admit I was taken in by the characters, the story, and the movie's style.

8/10

JoeChar4321 07-09-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigred760 (Post 3573195)
An interesting, unique, and fun love story, Moonrise Kingdom tells the tale of two pre-teens who fall in love and run away from their respective situations. The two are interesting characters, he's an oddball boy scout and an orphan and she's an unhappy child who may have a little bit of a temper. The two are being chased by her parents, his troop leader, and the town's police chief. With Wes Anderson's clever and unique style of directing, it makes for a fun and funny movie. I've never been that big a fan of Wes Anderson, but even I admit I was taken in by the characters, the story, and the movie's style.

8/10

Same here, I've never been a fan. So, you know he did something right with this film when he's pulling in non-fans.

Flimmaker1473 07-10-2012 12:39 AM

9/10

Moonrise Kingdom is the type of film that you describe in just one word: lovely. Wes Anderson has created a world where lovely characters inhabit and act in a way that is just like real life. It is almost a mirror to reality.

I was a boy scout from first grade to sixth grade. So this film interested with that as well. Knowing how sometimes scouts can be mean or join together I wondered what path this film would take.

I went to a stadium theater to watch this film. As there were only six theaters in my state of Maryland that were showing this particular film. Only one was an AMC. AMC has made a commit to show more independent films (which are better than most studio films). So I guess they felt one theater was enough.

The story begins with a lovely classical tune. Then we jump to see Scout Master Ward (Edward Norton. He is smoking a cigarette and making the rounds checking on his scouts. He makes his way to Sam (Jared Gilman). Sam has a big hole in his tent and Scout Master realizes that Sam has escaped.

He goes to the police where he informs Captain Sharp (Bruce Willis) that Sam has gone missing. Captain Sharp calls Sam's parents and finds out that they are actually his foster parents. Furthermore he is shocked to find out that they do not want him anymore.

It turns out that Sam's parents are dead and he is an orphan. That he is emotionally troubled. This comes to a shocker for Scout Master Ward.

Captain Sharp goes to home of Walt Bishop (Bill Murray) and Laura Bishop (Frances McDormand). He informs the couple that Sam is missing. You later see Laura ride her bike to Sharp. She smokes his cigarette and holds his hand in a loving way. There is clearly something going on. Little does she know that her daughter Suzy (Kara Hayward) is watching.

Suzy is the oldest of four children and her siblings are boys. She is a troubled kid much like Sam. Only that she has a family. Yet she remains troubled.

Turns out that Suzy and Sam met each other a year earlier when he went into a dressing room for a Church play Suzy was in and took an interest in her. Ever since then they have been pen pals and plotted their escape. Suzy and Sam have no friends. The other boy scouts pick on Sam. The other girls hate Suzy. They understand each other in a way no one else does. They are troubled to others but to them they are special.

Gilman and Hayward give excellent performances not just for child actors, but for any actors. They don't let the star studded cast bring them down. Their performances add more love to the film as the chemistry is clear. They act like kids and learn like kids.

Wes Anderson's direction is brilliant. He takes a simplistic story and makes it into something that you can't look away from. He has created something that most directors don't seem to care for. A realism that makes a movie relate able.

Moonrise Kingdom is a film that just focuses on it's characters and their quirks. Real human being traits. And with it's humble approach it scores on so many levels.

The boy scout in me smiled the whole time in this movie. I wasn't the most popular kid in my troop. Not as bad as Sam. But not as popular. If only I had met a girl like Suzy.

The Postmaster General 07-10-2012 02:36 AM

Did anyone else stay for the credits? Our theater, the kid would announce an instrument and some would play and others wouldn't. I have to think that the theater had their surround speakers cut out and am worried that it was like this through the whole movie, but am hoping that they just did it at the end in preparation for raising the lights.

As a slightly related side - One of the coolest things happened at the end. The ushers came in the sweep up and this always drives me crazy -- They will stand there staring at everyone during credits, as if to say "Let's go, I have work to do." This time, that didn't happen. The usher walked in and saw there were still people seated and turned around to inform the other ushers they needed to wait. They ended up not coming in until we were leaving. I just thought that was awesome!

And speaking of awesome...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne101 (Post 3572536)
I think the thing that impressed me most about the film was how Anderson incorporated his Peanuts influence.

Awesome that you say that. Before the movie, I was just kind of thinking about Anderson and had a thought I shared with my wife. I mentioned that it seemed really cool to me that Anderson's original Bottle Rocket short used Peanuts music and now he had made a movie about kids, with adults as secondary characters - something I see as a trademark of those cartoons, the idea of the kid world being a universe unto itself. And like you said he nailed it with this one. We both had a laugh-alone moment when they mentioned the dog's name.

It's cool that this movie is sparking so many of these kinds of insights on the boards. Very persnickety types of details that I think we all like about his movies. This reminds me of the Lawn Wranglers group days.

EDIT: And I just remembered something I wanted to add while in another Anderson thread -- Where was Owen Wilson at in this movie? There was a Wilson-esque character, but I couldn't spot him anywhere. Not even in bedside pictures!

Flimmaker1473 07-10-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Postmaster General (Post 3573708)
As a slightly related side - One of the coolest things happened at the end. The ushers came in the sweep up and this always drives me crazy -- They will stand there staring at everyone during credits, as if to say "Let's go, I have work to do." This time, that didn't happen. The usher walked in and saw there were still people seated and turned around to inform the other ushers they needed to wait. They ended up not coming in until we were leaving. I just thought that was awesome!

Being that I work at a theater (mainly concession but do ushering a lot). My policy is if that people are sitting down and waiting for something and I know there is something at the end (like the Amazing Spider Man) I will chill a bit. If there is nothing and they are still there I will be but not where they are sitting.

There was this family who thought there was going to be something at the end of Madagascar 3. I just let them sit there and said nothing even though I knew that there was nothing that was going to be seen :D.

Quote:

EDIT: And I just remembered something I wanted to add while in another Anderson thread -- Where was Owen Wilson at in this movie? There was a Wilson-esque character, but I couldn't spot him anywhere. Not even in bedside pictures!

First Wes Anderson film with no Owen Wilson. Shocking really. Must have conflicted with a studio film being Wes Anderson's films are Indies.

drc5145 07-12-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

I've been working at a Landmark Theater chain cinema here in DC (The E St. Cinema) for this summer and it should please you that at my theater, it's directed that all ushers are NOT allowed to begin clean-up until either all guests have cleared out during credits or until the lights fully go back up after credits finish.

Even if there's 2 guests still sitting through the credits, in that scenario, I'm not allowed to go in to clean up until the lights go back up after credits finish. I actually really like the rule which gives the movies a little more respect, so to speak.

silentasylum 07-14-2012 10:25 PM

this was a very disappointing movie for me. I thought it would be witty but aside from a few bright moments(the scene that shows how they get close together comes to mind) it was flat. It was visually appealing but i couldnt get into the relationship between the two kids. troop 55 are another bright spot in the film. the speech the kid gives about being jerks was funny.

SPOILER-ALERT

but what's up with that scene when edward norton's character saves harvey keitel? or the scene where the boy gets struck by lightning?those scenes did not come across as funny.both were bizarre scenes that would probably get any other filmmaker scolded.

it's a unique film but in my opinion that doesnt make it great. some scenes felt forced and it seemed like wes anderson was unsure about what to do with the two characters once they were alone.

the beginning did nothing to set you up for their meeting once they runaway.

5/10

Beard_of_Meat 07-15-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentasylum (Post 3575721)
this was a very disappointing movie for me. I thought it would be witty but aside from a few bright moments(the scene that shows how they get close together comes to mind) it was flat. It was visually appealing but i couldnt get into the relationship between the two kids. troop 55 are another bright spot in the film. the speech the kid gives about being jerks was funny.

SPOILER-ALERT

but what's up with that scene when edward norton's character saves harvey keitel? or the scene where the boy gets struck by lightning?those scenes did not come across as funny.both were bizarre scenes that would probably get any other filmmaker scolded.

it's a unique film but in my opinion that doesnt make it great. some scenes felt forced and it seemed like wes anderson was unsure about what to do with the two characters once they were alone.

5/10

Here is the best way to describe a Wes Anderson film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcvhrPMOLy0

anakinsrise 07-16-2012 07:53 AM

Extremely charming film.The young leads Kara Hayward as
Suzy and Jared Gilman as Sam are beyond big screen naturals.
The final act was a bit jumbled but in the end i was completely in
love with the movie
Scale of 1-10 a 9

Bourne101 12-07-2012 08:18 PM

Have re-watched this a few times since it hit Blu-ray and it really is great. It's looking like it will end up in my top 5 of the year. Some of the dialogue is just so damn good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OOenYz6tfc

"At my school, you're only allowed to check out one at a time... some of these are gonna be overdue."

silentasylum 12-09-2012 11:55 PM

this was one of the most overrated movies I have seen in a while. it did have some funny moments but overall I found it a chore to sit through. the little boy I thought was annoying and the little girl had no charm and came across as another version of Wednesday from the addams family. the ending with the little boy in the police uniform was pretty lame

one of the few scenes I did enjoy was when they write notes back and forth to one another and it shows how they got close.

I also liked some of the sets. the house was built unlike any other I have ever seen but it wasn't enough for me to love the movie. I did like it a little

6/10

I did like the royal tenenbaums a lot. I was hoping this movie would be witty like that

Bourne101 12-09-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentasylum (Post 3575721)

SPOILER-ALERT

5/10

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentasylum (Post 3633229)
this was one of the most overrated movies I have seen in a while. it did have some funny moments but overall I found it a chore to sit through. the little boy I thought was annoying and the little girl had no charm and came across as another version of Wednesday from the addams family. the ending with the little boy in the police uniform was pretty lame

one of the few scenes I did enjoy was when they write notes back and forth to one another and it shows how they got close.

I also liked some of the sets. the house was built unlike any other I have ever seen but it wasn't enough for me to love the movie. I did like it a little

6/10

I did like the royal tenenbaums a lot. I was hoping this movie would be witty like that

Uh oh, guys, silentasylum has amnesia.

silentasylum 12-10-2012 12:04 AM

hey, I added some new details haha