Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions/Questions (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New Site Look (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146048)

Common Sense Man 06-21-2012 06:35 PM

New Site Look

Hey guys didn't find any threads about this so here goes.

I know that websites are ever evolving and basically you have to move or die, sort of like sharks.

But I have to say that I am not digging the new movies news format.

I cruise this site daily, hell multiple times a day, and normally I just jump to the news section completely skipping home page, etc.

The reason I did this was that you have only 2 or 3 stories highlighted, flash fashion on the home page. I like to be able to get a look at all the headlines fast and pick and choose my stories.

Now you have basically made the news section all about large blocks or pictures and text leaving only room enough for about 5 stories before you have to hit the older stories tab.

The nice little convenient index of the headlines on the left side is gone. :(

I know its just a minor thing but it will make surfing your site a bit more difficult, it was nice to have a nice index of stories to look at. I am all about the bling but in this case the bling is pushing out the content.

Hey just my two cents.

Love the site and I am not going anywhere.

Out........................................

dkev 06-21-2012 06:52 PM

I disagree

I think it looks great. It's a lot cleaner and better organized. I have always had issues with the way the old site did or didn't load. This is perfect.

jolanar 06-21-2012 07:45 PM

I do like the new format, the only downside is that you can only view 2 or 3 stories at one time, whereas before you could basically view all the headlines on one screen without scrolling.

It definitely looks a lot crisper and more organized. Great job all who were involved in it's creation.

MisoGenie 06-21-2012 09:52 PM

I'm just gonna say it: I can't stand the new site layout.

Now, I don't care about this if I can set preferences and view the site in its old format, but (at least on my computer) between the obnoxious ad box up top and the unavigational qualities of the site it's just too darn much to browse.

oh-dae-su 06-21-2012 10:40 PM

I hate to be a buzzkill and hate change but I really really really don't like the new layout. Before, it was easy to find what I wanted because all the headlines were to the left and I could scroll my eyes through. The comment section was below and not much was cluttered to the side. I also enjoyed seeing the most popular headlines by day, week and month. I don't care for the big bold headlines and I am having a lot of trouble finding my way around. Maybe it'll adjust with me but for now, I prefer the last layout much more.

Silverload 06-21-2012 11:26 PM

Yeah I don't like the new design. Too cluttered, and too much scrolling to read article titles. So much stuff that my browsers seriously takes too long to load everything. Reminds me of when Myspace did something similar.

I'll still keep coming to the forums because I've been here so long and I enjoy reading everyone's posts, but until Joblo goes to a more streamlined design I'll go elsewhere for movie news.

Silverload 06-21-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisoGenie (Post 3566599)
I'm just gonna say it: I can't stand the new site layout.

Now, I don't care about this if I can set preferences and view the site in its old format.

That would be a cool idea, but probably not possible. To allow users to change the site layout to previous versions, dating all the way back to 1998.

bchcds 06-22-2012 12:48 AM

Yeah the new layout totally sucks! I liked all the news stories on the side and it was easier to find what you want. Please change the site back or at least add the news stories on the side back. Afraid I may have to look for my movie news somewhere else, and this is coming from a fan of the site since 2003.

bigred760 06-22-2012 02:53 AM

I like the new look. The bigger news blocks makes the news more eye-catching. I don't mind clicking on "Older Stories" or whatever it is to see what came before the latest news.

I've been coming to this website since Dec '01, and I think this is the fourth or fifth change in the website design that I've seen. In my opinion, they keep getting better. I was never that big a fan of the previous few layouts where the headlines were on the left side with the news story front and center. I just got used to it; I like the way they have it now.

miguel_montes 06-22-2012 04:45 AM

I don't mind the new look.
But the site is so slow now... it was already slow in the old layout, but now it's even worse. I can't even completely load the webpage.

drexxell 06-22-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Common Sense Man (Post 3566510)
I like to be able to get a look at all the headlines fast and pick and choose my stories.

Now you have basically made the news section all about large blocks or pictures and text leaving only room enough for about 5 stories before you have to hit the older stories tab.

The nice little convenient index of the headlines on the left side is gone.

Agree wholeheartedly. I've gotten used to just about every change to this site over ten years, but this latest one really seems like a step in the wrong direction. "Fast access to the information people want" has to be the guiding principle of a good web page, in order for me to return. I can't get that fast access anymore :(

HighTyde 06-22-2012 08:16 AM

I have to agree with the majority.... I'm all for change, but this new site is sluggish and slow. It's very frustrating to navigate not having the news headlines on the left hand side, and having to revert back all the way to the portal page just to see the headlines. Also, and maybe this is just a macintosh thing, but trying to access any links at the top, ie... the forums is almost near impossible because of the massive advertisements which you can't collapse or close, that cover right over the top of the links...

This site is seriously bugged, and should have been tested more thoroughly before administering.

This is such a downer guys, would really like to see a cleaner site than this.

HighTyde 06-22-2012 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an example of advertisements plagued all over the site with Safari on Mac OS X with no way to close them, other than to hit refresh and hope for an advertisement that you can close or collapse....

and it makes it impossible to reach any links behind the image....

very unacceptable

KyleG 06-22-2012 08:38 AM

Ya this is terrible

I have the same problem as HighTyde, do you guys realize you have advertising banners covering up your home page? with no way of disabling them? Maybe you should have tested it before launching. Really sad because I've been a fan of joblo for many years, but more and more its becoming a joke. Like someone else mentioned its basically becoming the myspace of the movie news site....less is more people!!! Seems like comingsoon.com & firstshowing.net are gonna become my go to's for movie news now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...rett/joblo.jpg

Huttjos 06-22-2012 08:42 AM

AD PROBLEM

Hey guys, does anyone else have a problem with the huge ad at the top covering the whole top page?? The site has a new look and navigation so I have no idea how to get where I need to go because of this ad hovering over the top of the page. HELP

I haven't had much time to check out the new site (mainly because of this ad) but so far I don't know if it's executed well. It looks nice and, lets say it, touch friendly, but I feel it's jumbled with no real order. I visit this site about 5 times a day if not more. I don't care about real news, I care about movie news. If the site becomes to hard to navigate I'll just go over to slash film..

(PS- what I jsut realized is that i've stumbled upon this stupid ad about 8 times now, and every time I have NO IDEA what the ad was. INTERNET ADS DON'T WORK)

MisoGenie 06-22-2012 09:24 AM

Yeah, I've also had trouble with these advertisements. I honestly thought I was the only one (my computer has a tendency to load some things glitchy), but the ads are huge, and I can't collapse them or click anything which they obscure. I think that the side bar with the News should have been kept. It was a great website feature that (in my opinion) defined the layout of this website. I'm all for change, but this latest update is just embarrassing.

I don't mean to just criticize, especially as I've taken a course in web design and know how difficult it can be, but I care a heck of a lot about this site and I hate to see it in such a condition.

EDIT: On a more positive note, the updates to the Strike Back comment box are very convenient, and I like the Related Articles underneath the main article that is being read.

oh-dae-su 06-22-2012 01:11 PM

I've also been noticing that the new layout really slows down my computer but once I close the window and go to something else, my computer runs fine.

moose1132 06-22-2012 02:13 PM

I was having a ton of trouble with the new layout yesterday, but it seems to be working for me now. Before it was super slow and loaded up wrong on each page (the background wouldn't show up and there were pictures in front of text; just seriously messed up). I don't mind the new design, but it's not perfect. The biggest complaint I have is no more navigation on the left. It was so much easier with that and I don't understand getting rid of it from a design standpoint. The middle section would be fine if the nav on the left was still there. It's a good idea to have more than 1 story stand out on the main page. The right side might be a little cluttered, but I like the idea. I guess that section depends on what you come here for. So yeah, I miss the left side navigation bar. :(

Conz 06-22-2012 02:26 PM

there's just way too much stuff going on. i was one of the few im sure still clinging to the old old look. i didnt even like the last transition. not complaining, and ive been with joblo for probably 10 years now, but i dont know if im gonna get used to the new look, andi have adblock so im not even seeing the ads.

Common Sense Man 06-22-2012 06:47 PM

I used to have a lot of trouble with the ads, but I use firefox and the adblock plus extension and wala ads gone. It may take a bit or tweaking to make sure you only block the ads and not the content but now that I have it down the site loads like a breeze and I don't see all those massive ads.

Sorry JoBlo but I have never bought anything from an annoying website ad and I would rather surf the site.

Wow just looked at the actual home page...normally I have a bookmark right to the news section.

Holy blocks of photos Batman. I am all about utilizing all the web space you can but that is just a huge chunk of photos that just blend all together....confusing.

Out..........................

Mut 06-22-2012 08:53 PM

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I'm really not digging this new look. I mean, sure, it's sleek and clean and sexy and all that, but it's also horribly inefficient. I like to be able to just get my news at a glance, without having to scrooooooooll down the page. Now, I'm not saying I'm gonna stop reading the site or anything like that, but I'll probably just use the RSS feed until the layout changes.

Bahs 06-22-2012 09:14 PM

Not a big fan either. I liked how i could used to view way more news stories on the side (red text being reviews and such) and Digital Dorm being scrapped….

Im sure ill get used to it eventually but oh well

Bondgirl 06-22-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleG (Post 3566707)
Ya this is terrible

I have the same problem as HighTyde, do you guys realize you have advertising banners covering up your home page? with no way of disabling them? Maybe you should have tested it before launching. Really sad because I've been a fan of joblo for many years, but more and more its becoming a joke. Like someone else mentioned its basically becoming the myspace of the movie news site....less is more people!!! Seems like comingsoon.com & firstshowing.net are gonna become my go to's for movie news now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...rett/joblo.jpg

Ah l was wondering waht was happening when l was trying to get on this site

all l seen was this image plus there was no area to log into the forum

So l went to Joblos profile and logged in there

At least l know what is going on now

JoBlo 06-22-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Common Sense Man (Post 3566510)
Hey guys didn't find any threads about this so here goes.

I know that websites are ever evolving and basically you have to move or die, sort of like sharks.

But I have to say that I am not digging the new movies news format.

I cruise this site daily, hell multiple times a day, and normally I just jump to the news section completely skipping home page, etc.

The reason I did this was that you have only 2 or 3 stories highlighted, flash fashion on the home page. I like to be able to get a look at all the headlines fast and pick and choose my stories.

The nice little convenient index of the headlines on the left side is gone. :(

I know its just a minor thing but it will make surfing your site a bit more difficult, it was nice to have a nice index of stories to look at. I am all about the bling but in this case the bling is pushing out the content.

Hey just my two cents.

Love the site and I am not going anywhere.

Out........................................

Thanks for the feedback but everyone (including you) really needs to CHILL OUT a little, breathe in and out and mostly importantly....give it a little time, people! :)

Change isn't easy for anyone, but we're not dumb-dumbs running the site here. We didn't make these changes to line our pockets, we made them because we truly believe they will make our site stronger, especially in this new age and more and more corporations jumping online with BILLIONS of dollars behind them.

All I ask to anyone in this thread is: WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS, SURF THE SITE FOR A FEW MORE DAYS AND THEN FORM YOUR OPINION. I suspect that you'll "get used to" the new format by then and who knows...maybe even like it!

The 2 specific things you complain about here are easy to resolve. Firstly, you say you don't see the NEWS HEADLINES on the JOBLO news section anymore or only "5" of them (it's actually 10, but who's counting?). You do realize that we only showed about 12 headlines before, right? (without any images). Sure you can CLICK TO SCROLL down to see more of those headlines, but guess what...you can CLICK "SEE OLDER STORIES" in the new format and see another 10 news headlines (we're already up to 20 headlines and all you had to do was CLICK ONCE). Too much to ask?

But if you insist on seeing all of the NEWS HEADLINES in one shot....well, go to the main page (www.joblo.com), click on the JOBLO TAB on the right, bookmark it for yourself and you'll be able to see/click any of 30-35 of the latest JOBLO headlines without any clicking at all!

See....that wasn't so hard, was it?

C'mon people....TAKE A FEW DAYS, SURF THE SITE, GET USED TO IT and then see what you think. Do kneejerk reactions ever really make sense?

JoBlo 06-22-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighTyde (Post 3566698)
I have to agree with the majority.... I'm all for change, but this new site is sluggish and slow. It's very frustrating to navigate not having the news headlines on the left hand side, and having to revert back all the way to the portal page just to see the headlines. Also, and maybe this is just a macintosh thing, but trying to access any links at the top, ie... the forums is almost near impossible because of the massive advertisements which you can't collapse or close, that cover right over the top of the links...

This site is seriously bugged, and should have been tested more thoroughly before administering.

This is such a downer guys, would really like to see a cleaner site than this.

1) I already responded to the "I don't see enough headlines" issue above. There are VARIOUS WAYS to get your headlines now. Just choose a new one you like and everybody's happy. Oh, I forgot to mention that below each article we have now added PREVIOUS/NEXT links which make it easier to click to the PREVIOUS/NEXT STORY or right below that, the 10 latest headlines, with easy access. We realize this is a little "different" but you guys DO visit other sites/blogs, right? We're actually not that different from any of them now. Not sure why all the fuss.

2) The slowness was due to server issues on day 1 of the deployment which is EXTREMELY NORMAL. It took us a few hours to "adjust" to the new conditions and now the news sections load faster than they did before (this is a FACT here, I'm not talking out of my ass). We ran a battery of "speed tests" on these things, we've been working on these templates for months.

3) The "ad issue" was another big BUG from day#1 that has since been resolved. Obviously you are not a computer programmer because most everyone in this business knows that you will ALWAYS HAVE BUGS when re-launching a site of this magnitude. We worked out all of the big ones but plenty still remain, which we will continue to work on next week, but you guys REALLY need to cut us a little slack. How much are you guys paying to enjoy our content again? Sorry, but it's difficult to hear so many people shitting on our hard work when they're getting it all for FREE.

Like I told the dude above....you guys need to RELAX for a few days, let us work out all the kinks and TRY (is that too much to ask) and see if the changes can work for you, after a few days (not after 2-3 hours after launch).

JoBlo 06-22-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisoGenie (Post 3566742)
Yeah, I've also had trouble with these advertisements. I honestly thought I was the only one (my computer has a tendency to load some things glitchy), but the ads are huge, and I can't collapse them or click anything which they obscure. I think that the side bar with the News should have been kept. It was a great website feature that (in my opinion) defined the layout of this website. I'm all for change, but this latest update is just embarrassing.

I don't mean to just criticize, especially as I've taken a course in web design and know how difficult it can be, but I care a heck of a lot about this site and I hate to see it in such a condition.

EDIT: On a more positive note, the updates to the Strike Back comment box are very convenient, and I like the Related Articles underneath the main article that is being read.

Really, it's EMBARASSING????? Wow. Incredible.

AT LEAST you were "nice" enough to include a couple of positives...thanks, I guess. Geez...

Digifruitella 06-22-2012 10:46 PM

JoBlo, the new look is nice and fresh. I had some of the aforementioned issues, but now it's fixed, whatever you guys have done. Looking good

KcMsterpce 06-22-2012 11:58 PM

I know there are bombardments of "nays" when a new layout is presented.
I rarely make comments about the changes, because they usually grow on me and/or get a little fixed up over time.

- At the bottom on "Latest Movie News Headlines" I click "More Stories" and the screen refreshes with the same stories listed and the same articles ordered on top.
Maybe it's a bug? If you need more info than that I'm using Firefix 13.0.1, let me know.

I missed the headlines list, but the straight link to "joblo.com" was a great help. Thanks for the head's up

- Every time I come back to the site, I have to log in again. No biggie, but another FYI.

- I don't use FB much, nor do I have any accounts with Twitter, MySpace, LikeIt, Tweetfacer, PopuList or whatever those sites are on the side, scrolling me and following me like an eyesore. Could we eliminate and/or minimize that scrolling sidebar when reading articles?

Other than that... I'm loyal and won't badmouth or anything. It's possible that in a week or two I might not mind any of this. Well, that scrolling sidebar will get to me every single time.

miguel_montes 06-23-2012 04:15 AM

Yeah, I can confirm most of the speed problems are gone. Nice job!

And that tip JoBlo mentioned, about the bookmark tab on the right, very useful! Use it, guys! Such a shame it's only on the main page and not also in the movie news pages.

By the way, I'm having problems with my account: whenever I sign in the forums, it signs me out of the Movie News section. And vice-versa: whenever I want to comment there, when I sign in there, it signs me out of the forums.
My guess is that it's some cookies problem, but I already deleted the cookies and it keeps doing that.

darkface 06-23-2012 06:58 AM

I like it! I've been with the site for a long time and have seen it change over time. So I guess I'm used to the change. I do miss the ability to click on another headline from any article, but it will just take time to get used to it.

HighTyde 06-23-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoBlo (Post 3567035)
1) I already responded to the "I don't see enough headlines" issue above. There are VARIOUS WAYS to get your headlines now. Just choose a new one you like and everybody's happy. Oh, I forgot to mention that below each article we have now added PREVIOUS/NEXT links which make it easier to click to the PREVIOUS/NEXT STORY or right below that, the 10 latest headlines, with easy access. We realize this is a little "different" but you guys DO visit other sites/blogs, right? We're actually not that different from any of them now. Not sure why all the fuss.

2) The slowness was due to server issues on day 1 of the deployment which is EXTREMELY NORMAL. It took us a few hours to "adjust" to the new conditions and now the news sections load faster than they did before (this is a FACT here, I'm not talking out of my ass). We ran a battery of "speed tests" on these things, we've been working on these templates for months.

3) The "ad issue" was another big BUG from day#1 that has since been resolved. Obviously you are not a computer programmer because most everyone in this business knows that you will ALWAYS HAVE BUGS when re-launching a site of this magnitude. We worked out all of the big ones but plenty still remain, which we will continue to work on next week, but you guys REALLY need to cut us a little slack. How much are you guys paying to enjoy our content again? Sorry, but it's difficult to hear so many people shitting on our hard work when they're getting it all for FREE.

Like I told the dude above....you guys need to RELAX for a few days, let us work out all the kinks and TRY (is that too much to ask) and see if the changes can work for you, after a few days (not after 2-3 hours after launch).

Hey, I personally apologize, I didn't mean to come off as negative as my rant perceived me to be. I just wanted to help out with the issues that myself and other members were experiencing. I did however go to college for Graphic Art and Design, so I do design websites, and I understand there are bugs, but I also try to weed the majority of the ones out that effect the functionality of the site, before I present it. That's all, no harm, no foul. I am definitely not against change, and I wish for the site to continue to evolve and change. And I really don't believe any users are going to be leaving the site over the changes, I believe we all just want the best for it, much like you and the rest of the staff.

digital821 06-23-2012 03:15 PM

Grizzled Ancient here...

First off I have to say that I have been getting my news almost exclusively from Joblo for close to 10 years. There have been several iterations of this site, some good, some not. We learn how to use the newest features with time, and patience. That being said I have to say that this is probably the worst layout this site has seen. It's been making me venture off to get news from other sites. I don't like that, I want to be a Joblo reader. The design is very cluttered, and it is difficult to figure out where I am supposed to look. The direction the design has taken is definitely new and bold, albeit clunky and confusing. I think sometime fewer options are the best course of action. I love the site, love the style of the articles, love the reporters, the posters, the identity that is "Joblo", I do not however love this new design.

Just my 2 cents. I don't contribute often, but when I do, it's to complain. Thanks for listening.

Frankenberry Reborn 06-23-2012 03:39 PM

JoBlo doesn't understand that there are MANY similar sites (that are also free) that don't talk down to their fans. WE HAVE OPTIONS. We don't need to visit this website. We WANT to, and if some of us offer constructive criticism, it's because we want this site to SUCCEED.

JoBlo, if we're in the wrong, you can explain things without sounding like a dickhole. You seriously need to change the way you respond to CONSTRUCTIVE (all of the feedback in this thread has been constructive) criticism. If you "don't get" why your fanbase seems entitled at times, you need to remove yourself from the Internet. Consumers (that's us, the people that give you page views) have the upper hand. This is the age of immediate gratification. The more times we have to click to get the information we want, the less desirable your website is to the MAJORITY of Internet users.

Again, try not to condescend to the folks who have allowed you to quit your "real job" so that you can be a full-time online personality. This site may be free, but some of us have shopped through your links, purchased your merchandise and even bought your book. We should get a say every now and then.

MisoGenie 06-23-2012 04:34 PM

Basically, what FBerry said. I love the website and I know that the users here all care about it very much. If any of us have concerns I can vouch that it is 98% out of genuine care for the website and its success, or at least our own relationship and satisfaction with it. This website has helped me get through the roughest chapters of my life, just being able to unwind and talk movies, honestly, it's been a great experience. I'm not one to find an identity within groups, but I am a Schmoe, and I pride myself in that. I'm proud of this website, and even though I know others may not be totally supportive of this decision I aim to someday write for and contribute to the page because that would be a cause I want to support. Not just speaking for myself, but the Schmoes as a community I can say that when we make comments such as these it is because we do care. Yes, there will always be the idiots who complain just to be pessimists, but I don't think any of us here have been this way.

All that I care about is that the site looks and functions great. I've been visiting for five years and I don't plan on going anywhere, regardless of what the News pages may look like. I'm just stating my opinion, and I hope you can recognize that, with all due respect. If I wasn't a huge fan, I wouldn't be posting here.

EDIT: I understand that a lot of hard work was put into the website (just like any other), and I don't mean to disrespect those who have worked on it. I'm just throwing in my two cents so that they can take it into account and make the site an even greater place than it ever has been.

Common Sense Man 06-23-2012 10:31 PM

A JoBlo response, I am not worthy http://www.dedleg.com/wordpress/wp-c...not_worthy.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by But if you insist on seeing all of the NEWS HEADLINES in one shot....well, go to the main page ([url
www.joblo.com[/url]), click on the JOBLO TAB on the right, bookmark it for yourself and you'll be able to see/click any of 30-35 of the latest JOBLO headlines without any clicking at all!

Okay thanks for that pro tip, I would have never figured that out myself. I know, I know its on the right side but I can handle that.

And honestly I don't surf any other blogs or movie sites, maybe I am just boring but JoBlo is it for me, when you find the best why bother with other sites.

And having designed websites for myself as well as others I totally know what it can feel like when people criticize. But its just because we love!

Keep up the good (and hard work) and we will keep surfin, we have the easy job.

Out.................................

IEnjoyWatchingAndDiscussingMovies 06-23-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoBlo (Post 3567032)
We didn't make these changes to line our pockets, we made them because we truly believe they will make our site stronger, especially in this new age and more and more corporations jumping online with BILLIONS of dollars behind them.

He's right about this.

But...

Quote:

How much are you guys paying to enjoy our content again? Sorry, but it's difficult to hear so many people shitting on our hard work when they're getting it all for FREE.

...just like every single other 'movie news' website. I don't think anyone is "shitting on" your hard work. These people love your site and they're just giving their feedback on the new format. I don't really see the need to be so condescending to people who are, more or less, your fans.

Silverload 06-24-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

How much are you guys paying to enjoy our content again? Sorry, but it's difficult to hear so many people shitting on our hard work when they're getting it all for FREE.

As some have pointed out, every other movie site is free as well. Though very few talk down to its fans like you do. Being "FREE" on the internet is a moot point and doesn't make a website special.

No one is shitting on your hard work. Everyone here praises this site's content, but right now some aren't too happy with the new layout.

You get way too offensive over anyone saying anything remotely negative about your site, even when it is constructive criticism. This isn't the only time you've acted in this manner either. Which is odd considering how much Joblo.com bashes filmmakers, actors, and other people who work just as hard if not harder than you do. Can dish it out but can't take it? If you want to be an ass to your fanbase then you'll do far more damage than a poorly designed layout ever will.

Mut 06-24-2012 10:42 AM

So, am I the only one who can't get the "bookmark this tab" thing to work? I click it ... and nothing. Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but if it's something simple, I'm gonna slap myself.

Browser's the latest Firefox, and popup blocker is off.

miguel_montes 06-24-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mut (Post 3567374)
So, am I the only one who can't get the "bookmark this tab" thing to work? I click it ... and nothing. Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but if it's something simple, I'm gonna slap myself.

Browser's the latest Firefox, and popup blocker is off.

You're not, the page doesn't seem to remember the "bookmark" option. Whenever I visit the main page, it shows the "all" tab anyway, instead of the one bookmarked. Using Chrome 19.

JoBlo 06-24-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighTyde (Post 3567077)
Hey, I personally apologize, I didn't mean to come off as negative as my rant perceived me to be. I just wanted to help out with the issues that myself and other members were experiencing. I did however go to college for Graphic Art and Design, so I do design websites, and I understand there are bugs, but I also try to weed the majority of the ones out that effect the functionality of the site, before I present it. That's all, no harm, no foul. I am definitely not against change, and I wish for the site to continue to evolve and change. And I really don't believe any users are going to be leaving the site over the changes, I believe we all just want the best for it, much like you and the rest of the staff.

Okay, thanks. That said, you don't think we "worked out the majority of bugs" before we presented it? Maybe you will learn this more once you're "in the field" of computer programming, but we spent the last 2-3 weeks working on all BUGS before presenting it. But no matter how many bugs you fix when a site is NOT LIVE, once you go LIVE and the traffic hits the pages, and the "live links" start to work, TONS of shit comes out of the woodwork.

We expected that, so it's nothing unusual, but we're also on top of everything (currently, we have a list of approximately 50 bugs yet to be fixed) and hope to have them all resolved by the end of next week.

Again, we appreciate members posting BUGS in here (we just added the one about getting LOGGED OUT of the forums when accessing the site to our list), but would also appreciate a little more PATIENCE and UNDERSTANDING during this process.