Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movie Talk (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Seven Psychopaths (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146514)

P1NSTR1PEZ 08-14-2012 10:47 AM

Seven Psychopaths

From the team that brought you In Bruges - here is the brand new trailer for Seven Psychopaths starring Collin Farrell, Woody Harrelson, Same Rockwell and more - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-1DG

xseanymacx 08-14-2012 01:31 PM

I absolutely cannot wait for this. Loved IN BRUGES beyond belief so consider me signed up!

P1NSTR1PEZ 08-14-2012 03:33 PM

It actually seems like it's going to be better than In Bruges in my opinion strictly off the trailer

Roy Batty 08-14-2012 05:19 PM

As I suspected, this looks like black comedy gold!

corran horn 08-14-2012 05:25 PM

Looks good to me. Can't say if it will be better than In Bruges, but it definitely looks funny.

ilovemovies 08-14-2012 09:58 PM

Wasn't really a fan of In Bruges. This looks better. And Christopher Walken looks like he's gonna steal the movie. Love the part of the trailer where he refuses to put his hands up for the guy with the gun. That said, it still looks a little on the silly side to me. I just can't get over the fact that all of this is over a dog that's been kidnapped. I know people get really attached to pets, but it still feels silly to me.

outsyder 08-14-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemovies (Post 3587615)
Wasn't really a fan of In Bruges. This looks better. And Christopher Walken looks like he's gonna steal the movie. Love the part of the trailer where he refuses to put his hands up for the guy with the gun. That said, it still looks a little on the silly side to me. I just can't get over the fact that all of this is over a dog that's been kidnapped. I know people get really attached to pets, but it still feels silly to me.

It's a comedy.

ilovemovies 08-14-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outsyder (Post 3587633)
It's a comedy.

Really? I couldn't tell from all of the one liners and the crazy characters and the crazy situations that they get into.

outsyder 08-14-2012 11:55 PM

How unfortunate.

SpikeDurden 08-15-2012 01:00 AM

A million times yes. Martin McDonagh is a genius. This is a man that got a play but on Broadway about the search for a missing hand, starring Chris Walken, Sam Rockwell, Zoe Kazan, and Anthony Mackie. I'll watch anything he does. In Bruges is terrific.

izzy2024 08-15-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpikeDurden (Post 3587648)
A million times yes. Martin McDonagh is a genius. This is a man that got a play but on Broadway about the search for a missing hand, starring Chris Walken, Sam Rockwell, Zoe Kazan, and Anthony Mackie. I'll watch anything he does. In Bruges is terrific.

That sounds awesome, when was this?

Anyways count me in. In Bruges is one of my favorite films of the past 5-10 years. I'm totally sold on both McDonaghs. I've loved every minute of material I've seen from either. This seems more outright comedic then I was expecting, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Plus the cast is incredible.

High hopes for this.

SpikeDurden 08-15-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izzy2024 (Post 3587650)
That sounds awesome, when was this?

Anyways count me in. In Bruges is one of my favorite films of the past 5-10 years. I'm totally sold on both McDonaghs. I've loved every minute of material I've seen from either. This seems more outright comedic then I was expecting, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Plus the cast is incredible.

High hopes for this.

"A Behanding in Spokane" played Broadway March-June of 2010. It was every bit as ridiculous as it sounds, with lots of prosthetic hands flying around, and it was hilarious. Chris Walken received a Tony nomination for Best Actor in a Play for it.

McDonaghs has also had many other plays on Broadway that were all quality: The Beauty Queen of Leenane, The Lonesome West, The Pillowman, and The Lieutenant of Inishmore. All 4 were nomination for best play. The Pillowman is probably his best.

AspectRatio1986 08-16-2012 05:52 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Can't wait! Loved In Bruges.

wolvergene 08-16-2012 01:55 PM

play

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpikeDurden (Post 3587648)

my friend actually went to see that play and said it was hilarious. cant wait for this movie as in bruges is the first film to really showcase colin farrells talent, in my opinion. also, i think that sam rockwell is one of the most underrated actors of his generation and am looking forward to seeing him in a leading comedy role again.

poopontheshoes7 08-16-2012 02:41 PM

I'm probably the only person that pretty much hated In Bruges, but this looks like it could be a blast. Tom Fuckin' Waits is in this! That alone is enough to get me to watch.

ThunderStorm 08-16-2012 05:55 PM

I was laughing my ass off during this trailer.

P1NSTR1PEZ 08-17-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 (Post 3588119)
I'm probably the only person that pretty much hated In Bruges, but this looks like it could be a blast. Tom Fuckin' Waits is in this! That alone is enough to get me to watch.

I didn't hate In Bruges but I didn't love it as much as others either