Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   The TV Forum (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Office - The Farewell Season (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146822)

AspectRatio1986 09-18-2012 11:36 AM

The Office - The Farewell Season

Begins in two days....

I haven't been a regular viewer since Steve left, considering thats when I think the show should have called it quits...but I'm hopeful they can put together a nice final season, and I remain hopeful Carrell will have a final appearance in the last few episodes.

The glory days of this show are long gone but boy were they as good as it gets on television.

The last episode will definitely be a sad event, almost like saying goodbye to old friends.

xseanymacx 09-18-2012 01:35 PM

I'll certainly tune in occasionally but I lost real interest back by the end of season 5.

AceD 09-18-2012 01:55 PM

The most recent, Carrell-free season was much much better than season 6 and a lot of season 7. Obviously it's far past its peak, but at least it knows going in that this is the end and hopefully they can give each character the proper send-off. I'm very excited for this, and all accounts are that the premiere is very good.

MovieMaster 09-18-2012 07:50 PM

I caught up from season 4 using some streaming service and I did enjoy last season better than the previous so I will be sure to tune in for the final season. Not super excited about it but curious how they end it.

Erroneous 09-18-2012 09:18 PM

Is this show still on? I honestly only watch NBC for sunday night football. Other than that there is zero worth watching including this show I never liked.

MovieMaster 09-18-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erroneous (Post 3600697)
Is this show still on? I honestly only watch NBC for sunday night football. Other than that there is zero worth watching including this show I never liked.

Thanks for stopping by!

xseanymacx 09-19-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erroneous (Post 3600697)

Parks and Rec is still phenomenal.

MovieMaster 09-19-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xseanymacx (Post 3600916)
Parks and Rec is still phenomenal.

Agreed!

MovieMaster 09-20-2012 10:54 PM

Hrm. A crappy opener if you ask me. Parks and Recreation was kind of a let down too.

xseanymacx 09-21-2012 12:33 PM

I thought there were a few decent moments in The Office premiere but, holy shit, are they on their last legs.

SkyNet 09-21-2012 03:25 PM

I thought both openers were quite comical. And a great set up for the Jim and Pam characters in this final season.

Mr.HyDe807 09-21-2012 05:46 PM

I tried, i really tried, but I just could not get into the premiere at all. The only part that got me to chuckle was the part with Creed at the end. Oh Creed, you pretty much make any scene you're in!

bigred760 09-21-2012 08:12 PM

I stopped watching after Jim & Pam's wedding - whatever season that was.

I might start watching the final season just out of curiosity as to how they'll finish the show.

hoojib127 09-21-2012 08:41 PM

Though I continued to watch through last season, I finally reached my breaking point and decided to stop watching this season. It was just getting too difficult to watch this once-great show continue to fumble and flail about with no real sense of direction more and more with each passing season. The occasional great line or two that comes up in each episode just isn't worth wading through anymore. And with Steve Carell having dropped a few hints that he won't be coming back under any circumstances, what's the point? I still maintain that Jim and Pam officially hooking up is what started the show on its downward spiral in the first place.

AceD 09-22-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoojib127 (Post 3601784)
I still maintain that Jim and Pam officially hooking up is what started the show on its downward spiral in the first place.

I don't disagree, but I will always respect the show for letting them hook up when they did. It was believable in terms of story trajectory and character; to have stretched it out even another season would have been foolish. As you note it left the show directionless, but at least it was true to its characters. It really should have just ended with the Season 3 finale.

hoojib127 09-23-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceD (Post 3601928)
I don't disagree, but I will always respect the show for letting them hook up when they did. It was believable in terms of story trajectory and character; to have stretched it out even another season would have been foolish. As you note it left the show directionless, but at least it was true to its characters. It really should have just ended with the Season 3 finale.

Well, it turned out to be one will-they-or-won't-they that I wish had turned out to be 'they won't.' :cool: Frankly, I can't help but think Jim and Karen would've made a more interesting couple long-term (if the writers would've just let Jim be totally over Pam). Of course, this would have likely created a domino effect where they would then have to find someone new for Pam -- stealing thunder from Jim and Karen, and, eventually (presumably), Michael and Holly. :rolleyes:

xseanymacx 09-23-2012 11:02 AM

I don't see The Office being as popular with the masses if Jim and Pam don't get together.

Roy Batty 09-23-2012 11:53 AM

I've decided to stick with The Office since this is indeed the last season so I somewhat feel obligated to. However, the season premiere was just awful, like almost everything about it just seemed dull. I understand that this is kind of setting up the situations we'll see unfold as the season progresses but both Kelly and Ryan are now gone so I'm hopeful they'll show up and have some sort of closure. The only somewhat redeeming factor--as someone already mentioned--was Creed's comments about working at some sort of animal shelter. I personally wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be the Scranton Strangler.

hoojib127 09-24-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xseanymacx (Post 3602274)
I don't see The Office being as popular with the masses if Jim and Pam don't get together.

Well, then the show might've mercifully not run this long. :o But, honestly, any time you have two characters on a show who are that similar potentially hooking up, it almost always sucks the life out of a show when it finally happens.

xseanymacx 09-28-2012 10:09 AM

Well, that episode sucked.

Put a fork in this one.

MovieMaster 09-28-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xseanymacx (Post 3604622)
Well, that episode sucked.

Put a fork in this one.

Agreed.

Parks and Rec was slightly better than last week but it too isn't holding up.

Roy Batty 09-30-2012 05:21 AM

Wow, two bad/mediocre episodes in a row, this is not looking good.

ilovemovies 09-30-2012 05:41 AM

Haven't watched this show in a long time. Jim and Pam broke up? Can't we ever have a show where the main couple don't ever break up? I HATED SO DAMN MUCH when Tom and Lynette broke up on Desperate Housewives. And now I hear this? Ugh! :mad:

Roy Batty 09-30-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemovies (Post 3605386)
Haven't watched this show in a long time. Jim and Pam broke up? Can't we ever have a show where the main couple don't ever break up?

They didn't break up, people were just complaining that ever since they got together there hasn't been any real development of the characters which, ironically, was the focus of this week's episode.

Glinda 10-08-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceD (Post 3600549)
The most recent, Carrell-free season was much much better than season 6 and a lot of season 7. Obviously it's far past its peak, but at least it knows going in that this is the end and hopefully they can give each character the proper send-off. I'm very excited for this, and all accounts are that the premiere is very good.

I stopped after 7. I was heartbroken Steve left. Maybe I will catch up and watch Season 8 if it was good. I have avoided all talk of the show.

But let me ask, we're you not a Michael fan? He was still my favorite character.

I still liked Season 6. I watched the wedding on speed dial. Over and over.

Glinda 10-08-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemovies (Post 3605386)
Haven't watched this show in a long time. Jim and Pam broke up? Can't we ever have a show where the main couple don't ever break up? I HATED SO DAMN MUCH when Tom and Lynette broke up on Desperate Housewives. And now I hear this? Ugh! :mad:

Me too! In fact, it makes me not want to ever watch re runs again because I am too sad that I know they are going to break up eventually.

Glinda 10-08-2012 02:53 AM

Oops, double.

MovieMaster 10-08-2012 05:46 PM

Better episode, especially the Asian Jim opening. Same for Parks and Recreation. Maybe both shows just started off a little slow.