Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movie Talk (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Liz & Dick - Lindsay Loser Lohan To Play Legendary Hollywood Icon - Yeah Right (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146871)

God of War 09-23-2012 08:30 PM

Liz & Dick - Lindsay Loser Lohan To Play Legendary Hollywood Icon - Yeah Right

Anyone else think this is insulting to the late Liz Taylor and to Richard Burton?

I saw the trailer to this new biopic the other day. But was too busy laughing in disgust to post it here. Lindsay Lohan is the 2nd biggest waste of space on this planet. There's a million other actresses better for the role, no? Lindsay Lohan is nothing more than a 2-bit piece of trash. Somebody out there in movie land doesn't have their brain working. Who in their right mind would hire LL for anything? Shows you how stupid some film makers are.

:rolleyes:

ilovemovies 09-23-2012 08:49 PM

This should probably go to the TV forum since this is a Lifetime movie.

Anyway, I never had much hope for this movie. Not because of Lohan, but rather because it's a LIFETIME movie! That alone is enough to turn me off.

jaw2929 09-23-2012 09:55 PM

I'd still receive fellatio from her. ;)

Brando @$$ Fat 09-23-2012 11:08 PM

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Lindsay Lohan is being asked to play someone who was wasted half the time.

SHOCKED!!!!!

God of War 09-26-2012 08:59 PM

Hmm. Well, let's see. We have Liz Taylor-hollywood icon extraordinaire. Despite her short comings, there's no disputing her amazing onscreen career, and extensive film credits. And then we have Miss gutter trash Lohan. Oh yes, she has an exceptional record. Criminal record, that is. A most worthy candidate for portraying one of the greats. Yeah right. You can't even compare the two. But then again, those who need glasses might fall prey to this misconception. It's nothing new.

ilovemovies 09-26-2012 10:26 PM

Lohan is pretty talented IMO. I've liked her Parent Trap, Mean Girls and Freaky Friday. She was fine in that movie where she pretended to be pregnant, can't remember the name of it. She was appealing in Herby Fully Loaded.

I'm rooting for her to get her career back on track, but I don't have much hope for this TV movie since it's a freaking Lifetime movie!

Buck Turgidson 09-26-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemovies (Post 3603964)
Lohan is pretty talented IMO. I've liked her Parent Trap, Mean Girls and Freaky Friday.

Those are all well in the past. That girl drowned in a mix of vodka, nicotine and cocaine a while ago.

ilovemovies 09-26-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson (Post 3603982)
Those are all well in the past. That girl drowned in a mix of vodka, nicotine and cocaine a while ago.

She's been largely MIA because of her legal troubles but like I said, I'm rooting for her to get her career back on track.

Not sure Scary Movie 5 is a good choice since that franchise was been DOA for a long time now.

God of War 09-27-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemovies (Post 3603985)
I'm rooting for her to get her career back on track.

Don't hold your breath, dude :p

God of War 09-27-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson (Post 3603982)

Yeah. The only thing impressive about her career is how unimpressive it is/has been/will be :D

God of War 09-27-2012 12:53 AM

Don't mean to rain on your parade, ILM. But I just can't stand the mole.

Matchbox225 09-30-2012 09:16 PM

Lohan is so far in the hole that I just can't see her becoming a huge bankable star again. She keeps getting into all kinds of shit and being a pain in the ass. Remember when she wrote "fuck you" on her fingernail and had it pointed toward the judge. I can't see most major directors wanting to work with her right now.

She was lucky she was able to get to work with a legend like Robert Altman before her career went to shit. A Prairie Home Companion is the best movie she's done.

Buck Turgidson 10-01-2012 12:42 AM

She should dye her hair blonde. Scorsese would hire her in 11 seconds.

God of War 10-01-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson (Post 3605797)
She should dye her hair blonde. Scorsese would hire her in 11 seconds.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2yoyfdv.jpg

Glinda 10-01-2012 01:37 AM

Not excusing her, but too bad she has such a skank for a mom. Back when she was doing well as a young and older teen, her mom and dad really threw her to the wolves and used her. I don't see where the girl has one person in her life who truly loves her.

Now she's defending her mom for the spectacle the mom made going on dr Phil drunk.

Not excusing her though. She's mid twenties...responsible for herself, but these kids who become so rich so young just go to hell if their parents didn't lay down some rules. Instead her mom went partying with her and the dad was in jail.

I really think she needs to be made to pay for her actions for her own good. Throw her in jail and don't hire her til she cleans up her act and shows some respect and earns it. I would like to see her come around, but she won't do it getting let off the hook all the time.

Oh, and no way should she be playing Elizabeth Taylor. Liz was not always an angel, but she had a big heart and did a lot of good. A fantastic actress too. Se had prescription drug dependencies and so many health problems, but was a good person and I don't think I ever heard of her being anything but professional at work.

magjournal 10-01-2012 05:25 AM

I saw the trailer the other day. I think it gave me cancer.

Dirtyfrog 10-01-2012 04:31 PM

well physically , Lohan in a wig looks the part but meh .... it's a lifetime movie and while i admit Liz Taylor did a lot for social causes ( especially the HIV/Aids awareness ) , i never did like any of her movies much.

I'd rather wait for the Branniston/Brangelina lifetime movie ... the life story of Brad Pitt :p

Glinda 10-01-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog (Post 3605944)
well physically , Lohan in a wig looks the part but meh .... it's a lifetime movie and while i admit Liz Taylor did a lot for social causes ( especially the HIV/Aids awareness ) , i never did like any of her movies much.

I'd rather wait for the Branniston/Brangelina lifetime movie ... the life story of Brad Pitt :p

I think my fondness for Elizabeth Taylor really stems from my childhood nostalgia as I fell in love with her as Amy in Little Women, and I also loved her in National Velvet when I was a child.

Some other fun movies:

Giant
A Place in the Sun
Father of the Bride
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

In all honesty, I really have no great love for any of her other movies, even the biggies.

Well I'll be there for the Story of Brad Pitt, but who needs those two women muddling things up? ;)

God of War 10-03-2012 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magjournal (Post 3605813)
I saw the trailer the other day. I think it gave me cancer.

Sorry to hear that,