Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Celeb Talk/Gossip (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Tom Hanks Lets out The F word On Morning Tv Show (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147127)

Bondgirl 10-19-2012 07:53 PM

Tom Hanks Lets out The F word On Morning Tv Show

http://au.news.yahoo.com/entertainme...slip-on-us-tv/

Well l never thought such a smart man would do this on a morning tv show while you might as well say children would have been watching

he was told to go into character and say a few words what came out was the F**k word mentioned in a sentance

The presenter was so surprised at waht had just happened and Tom Hanks quickly apoligized for his actions

You would think a grown up man could act more repectable

he is a great actor and l am not jumping on his bandwagon thinking that he is not a great model for kids but l hope next time he thinks before his speaks

Bourne101 10-19-2012 09:49 PM

Hahahahaha. Too funny. I love how the The Parents Television Council is tripping over this. What a bunch of fucking idiots. As if kids are watching the morning news...

Bondgirl 10-19-2012 09:53 PM

Well it is amazing waht kids get up to when the parents walk out of the room for one second
maybe mum or dad want to see abit of morning tv with the kids in the room and well you dont expect Tom to say the f word first thing in the morning

it only took Tom a second to get out his f word

but it is true alot of kids would be watching cartoons not the news

RustyRazor 10-20-2012 07:49 AM

Everyone slips.
We're human. So is Tom Hanks.
The man was in the moment, he was going for a laugh and he forgot himself.
For all he's done and how he's entertained so many, should this really be a big deal?

For fuck's sake...

:eek::D

SpikeDurden 10-20-2012 08:44 AM

This is non-news. Who cares? Dude said a word while being a character. Nobody will remember tomorrow.

Tony_Montana 10-20-2012 08:46 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nteSl8amR5o

The Postmaster General 10-20-2012 09:07 AM

My kids sometimes watch those morning shows before school time, only because we ask them to share TV time amongst the family. Other mornings they will watch something else or some days just read, listen to music or play video games.

No matter to us though. I watched The Shining with my kid last night so seeing Tom Hanks slip into a character probably wouldn't register when compared to Jack wanting to bash "your fucking head in." The whole point of everything is that we take the time to teach the kids that these aren't things you say everywhere - teaching them the difference between profanity and "dinner talk."

A lot of parents are just assholes so the outrage over this doesn't surprise me. When your kids are repulsive little suck-ass pieces of shit without a single redeeming quality worth speaking of, I guess you look for talking points outside your real life wherever you can get it, even if it means vilifying Forest "Fucking" Gump.

SpikeDurden 10-20-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Postmaster General (Post 3614352)
My kids sometimes watch those morning shows before school time, only because we ask them to share TV time amongst the family. Other mornings they will watch something else or some days just read, listen to music or play video games.

No matter to us though. I watched The Shining with my kid last night so seeing Tom Hanks slip into a character probably wouldn't register when compared to Jack wanting to bash "your fucking head in." The whole point of everything is that we take the time to teach the kids that these aren't things you say everywhere - teaching them the difference between profanity and "dinner talk."

A lot of parents are just assholes so the outrage over this doesn't surprise me. When your kids are repulsive little suck-ass pieces of shit without a single redeeming quality worth speaking of, I guess you look for talking points outside your real life wherever you can get it, even if it means vilifying Forest "Fucking" Gump.

I mostly agree with this. Frankly I have always felt that language is the very last thing we need to worry about exposing our kids to, and these words are only deemed bad if we put stock into them. If we treat them as no big deal they'll be exactly that, and if we teach our kids not to repeat them and understand the meaning of them that's even better.

News channels have no problem showing videos depicting the horrors and violence of war and local crimes and advertisements feature scantily clad women in the shower, but god forbid somebody say Fuck on TV.

edonline 10-20-2012 07:39 PM

The Parents Television Council is complaining because he let slip a four-letter word on morning television? What did they expect, he played a character named "Woody" after all.

MightyCelestial 10-21-2012 01:20 AM

Interviewing Tom Hanks is like a box of chawklettes.
You never know what you're gonna fuckin' get.

God of War 10-21-2012 01:44 AM

FUBAR

Mr.HyDe807 10-21-2012 06:50 AM

http://www.zuguide.com/image/Tom-Han...est-Gump.1.jpg

And that's all I have to fucking say about that.

Cronos 10-21-2012 08:05 AM

I couldn't care less about him saying it as it's just a sodding word but any kids watching that who weren't already aware of the word fuck instantly memorized it as soon as everyone gasped, covered their mouths and apologized. They have also now registered and associated it as being a "naughty word" that will get a reaction.

People crying over this "slip" should get a fucking grip. Also if they don't want their kids exposed to this sort of horrifying obscenity they should actually try interacting with them and not sticking them in front of a TV.

The Postmaster General 10-21-2012 02:36 PM

^and/or instead of spending the time complaining, spend the time talking to their kids and modeling proper behavior.

Bondgirl 10-21-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Postmaster General (Post 3614352)

Well you are right that kids sometimes watch the news in the morning before going to school

Depending on what age that child is

You dont expect a well known actor to do that sort of thing l know he apoligized for his actions but maybe he was in character but you would think that he would know what he was doing at that moment while he was being interveiwed

Bondgirl 10-21-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Postmaster General (Post 3614857)
^and/or instead of spending the time complaining, spend the time talking to their kids and modeling proper behavior.

Well in this day and age parenting has gone down the drain in teaching kids that swearing is not right

I have taught my child that swearing is not right and l do not swear myself so at least l do not pass that behavior on

Children learn from there parents and we are there to teach them repect on how they should act whether in the home or in public