Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (
-   Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum (
-   -   Do You Go Clothes Shopping With Your Wife Or Girlffreind (

Bondgirl 11-18-2012 06:46 PM

Do You Go Clothes Shopping With Your Wife Or Girlffreind
Well l know some men who hate the thought of going into a womens store

if you look around you will see a woman venture into a ladies store while the man is outside looking bored :D

But l have to say there are some men who will walk in looking at dresses and bras and other things and sometimes they will give good advice which is great to see

So my qestion to all you male members would you venture into a womens store or would you stay outside waiting until your woman is finished buying things or looking around trying to find something nice

Exophrine 11-18-2012 07:42 PM

Personally, I don't mind...for three reasons, I think it's perfectly fine to go in with a significant other (listed in order of progressively silly).

1. To provide a man's opinion of what the wardrobe additions look like on her.
2. The off-chance that she might model undergarments. :D
3. The off-chance she feels frisky in the changing room. :p

RustyRazor 11-19-2012 07:33 AM

During my marriage, I did.
You'll find one of two things:

You're there to be together and do this particular TOGETHER thing so you'll weather the multi hour activity OR

It'll slowly drive you to the point of snapping a plastic hanger in half and then falling on it to end the pain quickly.

If you REALLY love the one you're with, stuff like that is a breeze.

SS-Block 11-19-2012 10:55 AM

Gordon 11-19-2012 12:33 PM

I go with both. It's frankly pretty awkward.

jeo4 11-19-2012 05:33 PM

Sure, I go with my wife when I need to. I like clothes shopping, so I don't mind when she comes along and gives some input, especially when I try a few things on. If we both like what I buy, then all the better.

athf1980 11-19-2012 05:58 PM

only when i have to.

Bondgirl 11-19-2012 06:08 PM

Well it is amazing that there are men who do go shopping with there wifes and girlfreinds

Maybe things are changing and there is not such a stigma on doing the shopping with a woman

But be it is the older men who still do not like to clothes shop with women

I know alot of younger blokes do go around and shop with women but l still see older men who prefer to be somewhere else

my father who is in his 70's prefers ro wait outside like a guard and will wait there for ages grins

ChuckNotNorris 11-19-2012 07:47 PM

I have previously, but this usually ends with them getting exasperated by how unhelpful I am LOL!

Erroneous 11-19-2012 10:54 PM

My wife can go to the mall to look for a shirt and spend 6 hours searching every fucking store for a shirt. Going back to forth between the stores. Then after she buys the shirt, goes back to the stores to re check. I spent less time to buy a $40 grand mini van. Seriously.

No, if she wants to shop for herself, she goes by herself or with female friends.

I shop like man. I go directly to the stores that might have want I want. If I see something I like in the price range I want to spend, I buy it. If it is at the first store, so be it. I do not second guess the buy.

Victoria Secret is another story. I like going in there to try to get her to buy the things I want her to wear. Sadly, I have very good taste and slutty taste, so she won't buy what I like. On the bad side, I hate it when 13 and 14 year old girls are walking around picking out stuff. I feel like a gross old man and try to stay away from the girls, which is nearly impossible. Mind you, I am usually they with my kids, so it is better off I stay in the hall.

Bondgirl 11-20-2012 06:36 PM

Oh your wife is like me in a way
I like to look for bargains and if l have a certain thing in mind l will take to the stores to see if l can find it cheaper in price

Only the other day l was buying a DVD and l went to a shop called JB Hfi and it was 56 dollars then l went to Target and it was 40 dollars so l then went to another shop and it was 30dollars

Well you know which shop l bought the dvd at grins

It is amazing how many stores will have diffrent pricing for diffrent things these days and really l find it interesting getting my bargains

So l can understand why your wife would take 5hrs to shop grins

God of War 11-21-2012 04:36 AM

SS-Block has the best post so far.

Originally Posted by Bondgirl (Post 3625785)
Do You Go Clothes Shopping With Your Wife Or Girlfriend?

I don't have a wife or a girlfriend :(

Bondgirl 11-21-2012 05:16 PM

Well l am in the same boat being single so you are not alone God of war
But this thread can broaden to include single men and women

We all have mums and other female relatives in our lifes and sometimes you can go shopping with them and have a few words to say since l think l included the fact that my father likes to wait outside the store while my mum and l are shopping for clothes