Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions/Questions (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   You WILL get banned if you're an ass or insult others (even old-timers) (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147567)

JoBlo 11-30-2012 10:29 PM

You WILL get banned if you're an ass or insult others (even old-timers)

Our discussion forums were created about 10 years ago for MOVIE discussions. Over the years, we've added other forums, but the prime reason we continue to maintain these forums is for MOVIE discussions. The MFC has taken over the "community aspect" of the forums, but we realize that some people prefer to discuss films in here, which is just fine by us.

THAT SAID, there are a number of members in here who seem to have been here for a number of years, but seemingly spend most of their time in the NON-MOVIE forums (and POLITICS) and basically act like asses without crossing the line at all times -- but getting awfully close.

This notice is a reminder/warning for ALL SCHMOES but especially those over 1,000 posts, who may think they are immune to our rules. Remember that this is a PRIVATE FORUM and we reserve the right to BAN ANYBODY at anytime (no warnings required). You should all know the basic rules by now and that's basically NOT TO ACT LIKE AN ASSHOLE or INSULT OTHERS....ever!

It should be noted that if you're insulting someone in the first place, you're already proven yourself to be an immature person who apparently can't engage in a debate without disrespecting the other person, and we do NOT want that type of person in our forums.

We've already banned a couple of "old timers" of late and are watching a couple of others VERY CLOSELY so if you think you're one of the people to which I'm referring, you better clean up your act or the next time you post a disrespectful comment toward a fellow schmoe, you WILL BE BANNED asap.

For the 98% of the rest of ya'll, keep it up the awesome community and comments, and please always REPORT the troublemakers so that we can clean our forums from all the trolls and make it even stronger in 2013.

Thanks for reading.

Erroneous 12-02-2012 11:54 AM

I don't want to cause any problems. Seriously. But, there have been many members who have been on here for many years and I am guessing they have graduated from teens and young college like adults into full on adults that now have families and bills and careers and debt. Their lives have probably changed over the years, so movies might not play as big a part of life as it once did. That might be a reason why certain categories have been busier than others. I myself, did not join the site until a few years ago, so I am not in the same boat, but I do see less and less movies these days now that I have kids and with the costs of movies that have become so high and the quality if just trash these days. Movies have become less important and things like taxes and social issues have grown. It might be just me, so that is my two cents. I like the idea that a generation of people have graduated during the lifetime of this site. Joblo should be proud

PS please waituntil after the football season to ban me. I still want to try to beat horror in the pool.

Bondgirl 12-02-2012 07:34 PM

Erroneous l would miss you if you were not here
Just behave yourself and things will be alright

All Joblo wants is members to come on the forum and post good things and enjoy the site

Insulting each other is bad and it is not good to come on here and look at posts like this

One time l came on feeling really happy and then l went on a certain thread and it broke my heart on how member can be cruel

So l think it is great that Joblo wants this forum to be fun like it once was