Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Celeb Talk/Gossip (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Depardieu is now a russian citizen (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148134)

Dirtyfrog 01-04-2013 03:23 PM

Depardieu is now a russian citizen

well ... that escalated quickly !

I knew Depardieu was furious about the taxation change in France this year. Rich people being taxed up to 75% of their revenue when they make over 1 million a year but this leaves me WTF :confused:

Well i can understand that someone wants to pay less taxes ... don't we all after all ? But this is a bold and near-crazy move. Why not go to the USA or Canada or whatever country out there ? Why Russia ?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphi...-higher-taxes/

I like the actor but he seems to go down the Busey/Nolte road of crazyness.

Bondgirl 01-04-2013 06:14 PM

Well if you are super rich you should pay exra taxes like anyone else
Try Australia we pay taxes for this and that and maybe this uear we will have other new taxes it is the way of life

maybe he should just go bush and live in a tent and well then he wouldnt have to pay anything

SS-Block 01-04-2013 06:23 PM

Bondgirl 01-04-2013 06:26 PM

But if the super rich dont pay taxex it is the poorer person who cops it

I would like to know if he owes America any taxes because some celebs do try and get away from paying
Look at Paul Hogan he owed alot of taxes in Australia and tried to get away from paying it

maybe the American tax department should investigate and see if he does owe money

SS-Block 01-04-2013 06:27 PM

Bondgirl 01-04-2013 06:42 PM

Well isnt Obama changing the law where the super rich have to pay taxes instead of the poor always copping it

Well there is always loop holes in trying to get out of paying taxes and maybe Obama needs to investigate this

This actor shouldnt be able to skip the country while others have to still pay

If he is a American citizan he should be still paying his share of it not running away like he is

Dirtyfrog 01-04-2013 06:42 PM

Depardieu made his $$$ with his trade ... he's not some silver spoon child !

and according to IMDB , he got 196 credits as an actor under his belt. He is not a firework movie star , he earned his reputation.

He made movies for a 1k salary and others for 2-3 millions , the guy just love his craft .... and he is crazy lol.

Bondgirl 01-04-2013 06:48 PM

Well Depardeu has made a few foriegn films in other countrys as well as makimg films in America

Like you said he is not super rich but he stiull has alot of money which should be paid out when he pays his taxes

I feel it is not fair that a bloke like this can go from one country to the next

I know there has been quite a few rich men or women who have left because they want to keep all there money
I would like to know what type of tax system they have in russhia

But l bet when Obama passes the law where the rich have to pay more tax that you will find alot of pretty well off poeple will do waht this actor is doing

Dirtyfrog 01-04-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bondgirl (Post 3641853)
Well Depardeu has made a few foriegn films in other countrys as well as makimg films in America

i thought that playing in Green Card was a given for citizenship :

http://hookedonhouses.net/wp-content...-MacDowell.jpg

Bondgirl 01-04-2013 07:08 PM

I havent seen that film Dirtyfrog
Well that is another way of getting into a country of one choice by marrying a person
But i still feel that it is way to easy for people to flee when they have to pay taxes
There have been a few Australian people who have made it big and dontr want to pay there taxes so they go somewhere else
I feel that people shouldnt have the right to do this while others have there money taken out of there pay packet that is why l said that it isnt fair that some can get away with things while other have to pay

SS-Block 01-04-2013 07:09 PM

Digifruitella 01-04-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog (Post 3641806)
well ... that escalated quickly !

I knew Depardieu was furious about the taxation change in France this year. Rich people being taxed up to 75% of their revenue when they make over 1 million a year but this leaves me WTF :confused:

Well i can understand that someone wants to pay less taxes ... don't we all after all ? But this is a bold and near-crazy move. Why not go to the USA or Canada or whatever country out there ? Why Russia ?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphi...-higher-taxes/

I like the actor but he seems to go down the Busey/Nolte road of crazyness.

Russophobe.

Not to mention, Russia, nor are any of the post-Soviet republics are all warzones and gangsters as portrayed in Hollywood films. Also, throughout history Russia and France had close relations and respected each other's cultures. That's why it's a logical choice. Not everyone rushed out to the UK or US of A.

Dirtyfrog 01-05-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digifruitella (Post 3641875)
Russophobe.

NO WAY .. i am satisfied with my 329 russians bride i ordered throught the internet :p

Digifruitella 01-05-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog (Post 3641932)
NO WAY .. i am satisfied with my 329 russians bride i ordered throught the internet :p

non-educated about Russia then.

echo_bravo 01-05-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog (Post 3641806)
I knew Depardieu was furious about the taxation change in France this year. Rich people being taxed up to 75% of their revenue when they make over 1 million a year

Holy shit 75 percent?!:eek: thats borderline extortion

bourahioro 01-06-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echo_bravo (Post 3642089)
Holy shit 75 percent?!:eek: thats borderline extortion

I agree - I can see having to pay the exact same amount of tax as anyone else, but 75% is like robbery. I'd move elsewhere too, if it were me in that situation.

dellamorte dellamore 01-06-2013 11:56 AM

When France is too liberal even for the liberals, you know it's bad .

The Poor Man's half ass explanation :

Essentially a person can "buy" a citizenship for whatever country they choose.

Each country has a personal wealth threshold that if met grants the petitioning immigrant full citizenship. In more developed countries this threshold is higher than other less developed countries, obviously .

I think with a cool 3 mil pounds someone could buy citizenship in a country like the UK, don't quote me on that figure but it is around that number, yeah i did look into it some time ago when i was contemplating emigrating there . ( and no i wasn't looking to obtain citizenship via the entrepreneur avenue, i was just curious in what ways the process could be expedited, that happened to be one of them . ) . They figure entrepreneur's will contribute to the economy and not be a burden on government resources , they would be more like a trough for the government .

You could also emigrate to various countries under the entertainer visa ( you have to prove an unique skill and talent in the entertainment field that is distinguished from your peers ), which may be what GD is going to do but he could also emigrate under the aforementioned entrepreneur visa also .

Concerning his tax liabilities, he may have paid taxes on international income. Say he makes a movie in the Usa and is paid by an entity that is based in the Usa ( he will be liable to pay taxes to the Us gov on that income ). When he files his taxes in France, he reports whatever taxes he paid to the Irs in America and this lessens his liability in his home country , which is how it should be or else it would be double taxation . This isn't some loophole or tax write off because if you already got taxed 40 percent in a foreign country and now your home country wants to tax you again at another 40 to 50 percent, what the hell are you working for ? At France's proposed rate, you would owe money ,minus a tax treaty agreement ( 40 plus 75 percent )

This is because various countries have tax treaties and recognize each other's tax laws .

Of course this only affects a select few but even on a smaller scale with someone who does business on an international level , it will have an effect .

End explanation --------

I applaud this GD guy, he's truly sticking it to the French government who want to severely punish someone who works hard and is successful all to pay for someone who doesn't .

It does say something that he even thought the Usa's tax structure was too severe for him to want to emigrate here .

40 percent is bad enough but 75 ? That's psychotic , yep i said it, that's not a so called fair share at that point, that's naked theft of money made legitimately by a citizen .

I doubt that will happen though, if somehow it does, there is going to be a mass exodus of the "evil" rich people from France .

Obama will be watching these developments closely, he's probably thinking , phifft, i want 85 percent .

You know what i don't get, all those celebrities that threatened to leave the country if Bush was re elected back in 04, they are all still here . GD said he was going to leave and he is/did .

Dirtyfrog 01-06-2013 01:20 PM

while Dellamorte might be on to something .... the american/european divide is beyond sanity

+5% taxes raise in the US for the riches .... AND THEY COMPLAIND !

Dirtyfrog 01-06-2013 05:43 PM

this story is getting crazier by the day ..... Depardieu is not only a russian citizen but they are offering him a minister job too.

My life sux haha !

Vladimir Volkov, the head of the Russian Republic of Mordovia, said Depardieu can fill the vacant seat of Minister for Culture, RIA Novosti reported today. “If Mr Depardieu desires it, he may be offered the post,” the news agency cited Volkov as saying after the French actor travelled to Mordovia’s capital of Saransk, about 600 kilometers east of Moscow.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-passport.html

jolanar 01-07-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog (Post 3641855)
i thought that playing in Green Card was a given for citizenship :

http://hookedonhouses.net/wp-content...-MacDowell.jpg

Dear lord look at that suit he's wearing. :p

Dirtyfrog 01-07-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolanar (Post 3642506)
Dear lord look at that suit he's wearing. :p

lol

imo , it's not the suit , it's the weight gain. He is even fatter than his latest Obelix role.

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gA...706700f98e.jpg

SS-Block 01-07-2013 10:20 AM

Dirtyfrog 01-07-2013 10:39 AM

Publicity stunt. Russia got a flat 13% taxes rate and they can use the spotlight like a champ. I mean , they jailed the girls of Pussy Riot for 1 song.

Bondgirl 01-08-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog (Post 3642517)
lol

imo , it's not the suit , it's the weight gain. He is even fatter than his latest Obelix role.

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gA...706700f98e.jpg

Yes he has put on alot of weight

I can not beleive he is 65 years old
I still feel he is hiding sometihng

KillerKlown 01-09-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bondgirl (Post 3643048)
I still feel he is hiding sometihng

Yeah, it looks like he's hiding one of these under his shirt:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...pers.co.uk.gif

dellamorte dellamore 01-09-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog (Post 3642215)
while Dellamorte might be on to something .... the american/european divide is beyond sanity

+5% taxes raise in the US for the riches .... AND THEY COMPLAIND !

Only because of how high the rate is already and we have already seen what it has done to the Euro zone, people are struggling just to pay their utilities because of high taxation in addition to whatever "fed" and sales taxes they have to pay .

The madness has to end somewhere and more people like GD will be voting with their feet in protest .

I think it's a bold move although obviously it's easier when you have the money to do it .

Maybe if enough people do what he has done the Gov's of these countries will wake up instead of raping the populace .

Dirtyfrog 01-09-2013 11:18 AM

TIL Russia got a flat tax rate of 13 %

Bondgirl 01-09-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerKlown (Post 3643194)
Yeah, it looks like he's hiding one of these under his shirt:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...pers.co.uk.gif

Well l was thinking of something else regarding the image
Well one thing he can have in Russia is vodka it is a favourite drink of the russians

Bondgirl 01-09-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog (Post 3643242)
TIL Russia got a flat tax rate of 13 %

yes the tax is very low in Russia and if he stayed in America he would be paying more since the American goverment is changing the tax laws for the rich
I bet there will be a few other celebs who will live in other countries because they dont want to lose there money

Dirtyfrog 01-10-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellamorte dellamore (Post 3643240)

The madness has to end somewhere and more people like GD will be voting with their feet in protest .

looks like Brigitte Bardot and Matthieu Kassovitz are joining the movement.

Tony_Montana 01-10-2013 06:52 PM

Yeah, but Bardot is doing it for a wierd reason. I mean I'm all for animal rights too, but... really??? Russia??? wtf hahaha

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/04/wo...dot/index.html

Russia's track record for human rights isn't exactly great so animal rights... what???

And before anyone says I'm a Russophobe, я родился в Питере ;) This whole situation is more amusing for me than anything

Bondgirl 01-10-2013 07:48 PM

I think that Russia is the worst place to go and live even though your taxes are low

From waht l have heard they can be pretty harsh meanning the govermnet and the winters can be very cold too

If l had a choice to live any where in the world l would have to say l would just like to stay in my own country at least even though the taxes are high and the aussie dollars is high l feel safe in Australia

Dirtyfrog 01-11-2013 04:26 AM

Russia got a bad rep from western countries .... and the Pussy Riot scandal didn't help.

It's not 1960 anymore and i'd rather live in Russia than Somalia or Nigeria.

I'm not saying that i want to move there ( well , because i don't )

Bondgirl 01-11-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog (Post 3643726)
Russia got a bad rep from western countries .... and the Pussy Riot scandal didn't help.

It's not 1960 anymore and i'd rather live in Russia than Somalia or Nigeria.

I'm not saying that i want to move there ( well , because i don't )

Well l have to agee that Somalia and Niagera are worn torn countrys and to live there would be terrible
But Russia has its problems too and that place does restrict you doing certain things

I think Australia is a fine place because at least you can feel safe compared to alot of countrys to some exstent