Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Movie Talk (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Alien (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148329)

Mingle 01-19-2013 08:17 AM

Alien

My first ever post!

In my opinion, 'Alien' is the only perfect movie in the history of cinema.

The direction is just perfect. Every shot is marvellous, every movement of the camera is breathtaking. There is absolutely nothing you could add or subtract. Touch it, and you spoil it. Seriously.

The acting is splendid. The performances build a credible world centuries away.

The script is great. No flaws, or whatsoever. <- (I bet I misspelled ''whatsoever'')

The atmosphere is genius. Gothic and claustrophobic.

And, of course... the alien. Not only the look, but the complete design of a life form, including biological features. Acid instead of blood. Jaws inside jaws.

A very good sign of a movie that has gone down in history is the amount of collectively well remembered scenes. Well, 'Alien' has so many that I won't go into it. This movie contains so many iconic scenes that has become an icon itself.

My favourite movie.

P.S: If you find any grammar mistakes, please post a comment down below.

Thanks for reading!

Mingle

jaw2929 01-19-2013 01:21 PM

Welcome Mingle. Alien is a phenomenal movie, no doubt. The only perfect movie in the history of cinema? I won't debate that it's not perfect, I WILL however say that it's not the ONLY one. ;)

Mr. Guiltless 01-19-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mingle (Post 3646001)
My first ever post!

In my opinion, 'Alien' is the only perfect movie in the history of cinema.

The direction is just perfect. Every shot is marvellous, every movement of the camera is breathtaking. There is absolutely nothing you could add or subtract. Touch it, and you spoil it. Seriously.

Which version? The original or the director's cut. Surely you prefer one over the other.

But yes, the version I prefer gets 100/100 as well. But there are certainly other perfect films.

But in terms of the eerie look and feel of the film, you're right that nothing else tops it in that respect.

psycheoutsteve 01-19-2013 04:39 PM

The original version is where it's at, the director's cut with the scene that reveals the fate of Captain Dallas is crap. Glad they cut that stupid scene out of there. I mean, people turning into eggs? Seriously Ridley? Cameron took the Alien life cycle in the right direction with Aliens. It makes we wonder what Prometheus would have been like if Cameron had directed it instead of Ridley. Would it have been better? We'll never know, but one thing is certain; Ridley had enough creative control over the project to veto any of the stupid plot points created by the writers.

P.S. Can you tell I'm still a little bitter over Prometheus? lol...

AlexYoung 01-20-2013 04:33 AM

I must say that it was one of the better reviews that I had a chance to read about this movie and there is no doubt that Alien was a great movie.

Bondgirl 01-20-2013 04:49 AM

Hello mingle all l have to say is that alien is a great movie and it kept you in suspence also liked the sequel

Mingle 01-20-2013 05:50 AM

In this review I was refering to the Theatrical Realease from 1979, not the Director's Cut.

I watched them both and felt like the original movie was meant to remain like that.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who replied until this moment!