Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Celeb-O-Meter (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Brad Dourif (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44591)

Hannibal21 01-27-2003 08:01 AM

Brad Dourif

I just love this actor, he's a real psycho! He's just so good at playing those creepy or weird kinda roles. I loved him best in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest as Billy Bibbitt, and he gave me the creeps when I was a little child when he was 'Chucky'.

What do you guys think of this actor?

Dietrich 01-27-2003 08:15 AM

Brad Dourif..

Yep, he certainly delivers as an actor.. And not only in movies. He did some good guest appearences in several TV shows (one that pops in mind is 'The X-files' and 'Star Trek Voyager').
He definately has that creepy atmosphere around him, he's probably very charming in real life.. And definately hard working!
'Jungle Fever', 'Blue Velvet', 'Mississippi Burning', 'Alien Resurrection', 'Nightwatch' and of course 'LOTR; The Two Towers'.

I like him too :) He deserves a spotlight.

ColinM 01-27-2003 09:57 AM

Good actor. I wish we saw more of him in LOTR: TTT (9/10), but he stole the scenes he was in. And man was he great in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (10/10).

Lady Summerisle 01-27-2003 03:46 PM

Brad made GRAVEYARD SHIFT the fun it was.
Other excellent roles:

SPONTAENEOUS COMBUSTION
DUNE
NIGHTWATCH
ST: VOYAGER
ALIEN:RESURRECTION
DEATH MACHINE as Dante. A close second in line with... his finest role in a genre film..... Exorcist 3 as the Gemini Killer

I am not a fan of LOTR so I don't judge Brad based on his LotR roles.

Brad defies human logic and defeats stereotypes. He IS beyond awesome.

*mindmelds with Tuvok*

Klownzilla 01-27-2003 05:18 PM

Dourif kicked ass as the voice of Chucky and the Gemini Killer in Exorcist 3: Legion. I liked the LOTR and Cuckoo's Nest roles, too.

Buck Turgidson 01-27-2003 08:04 PM

In addition to his excellent Voyager work as Lon Suder, Brad also had a moving Babylon 5 episode entitled Passing Through Gesthemane.

Tim Russ was also outstanding in the Voyager episodes. They never gave that talented cat enough to do. They misused Roxann Dawsom, too... :mad:

bowieee 01-27-2003 08:10 PM

Brad Douriff is an actor who steals the show, even if he has the smallest of roles. All the other actors looked like child play next to him in The two towers. (hey childs play..I made a funny and I didn't even mean to) The man needs more roles pronto hollywood chop chop.....

Razorblade Smile 01-28-2003 09:03 AM

An awesome talent. I agree with everything said on this thread.

FeydRautha 01-28-2003 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dietrich
..he's probably very charming in real life.. And definately hard working!
You're absolutely right, D, he's both. I've been a huge fan of Mr. Dourif since I saw him portray Piter de Vries in Lynch's "Dune". Two years ago the company I work for was involved in the filming of a US TV show called "Ponderosa", which was shot in the Victorian desert in the height of summer. Everyone I spoke to about that shoot said Mr. Dourif was incredibly professional and kind in the blazing heat...unlike some of his American co-stars. ('Nuff said.)

Lady S. is right, he made "Graveyard Shift" watchable. Heck, he makes anything he appears in watchable...just sit through Dean Cain's "Best Men" and tell me I'm wrong.

Brad Dourif has an acting talent and quality I'd kill for, but I guess you have to be born with it. He's not just the voice of Chucky, he illuminates every film he appears in. (Right, I'll stop drooling now...) PS: Watch "Death Machine"! It's cool! Really!!

Lady Summerisle 01-28-2003 06:59 PM

I KNEW YOU'D BE HERE FEYD!

Yes, Death Machine is one of his best. Only Brad can take rejection in the form of verbal banter.
Why did Hayden not want this yummalicious psychopath with a killer voice?

FeydRautha 01-30-2003 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lady Summerisle
I KNEW YOU'D BE HERE FEYD!
Well, wherever someone's discussing Mr. Dourif on a message board, cosmic forces draw me near...

If anyone doubts this guy's talent, get this: I sat through "Interceptor Force" AND "Color of Night" just because he had small parts in them. And these are bad, baaaaaad movies. But he was a bright spark in a dismal semblance in both.

I'm currently searching for some of his earlier work on Amazon (but they don't seem to have it); namely "Wise Blood" and "Ragtime". Has anyone else here seen these films?

Lady Summerisle 01-31-2003 09:29 AM

RAGTIME is good. Long, but good, and Brad does get to showcase his dramatic talent on account of having a role where he doesn't spit, yell constantly, or bug his eyes excessively (but that all part of his charm).

I hate it when that girly girl jilts Brad. Not fair, man. I'll sic Moxie on her.

Annie Hall 02-06-2003 04:16 PM

I just saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and all I can say is---wow. Extremely talented guy, at the same time unnerving and heartbreaking.