Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Movie Talk (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Whatever happened to Felicity Shagwell?! (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45564)

jodman 02-10-2003 08:57 AM

Whatever happened to Felicity Shagwell?!
 
I know that plot cohesion isn't exactly high up on the Austin Powers Franchise's list of priorities but i just couldnt ignore one thing from the third installment.

What happened to Felicity Shagwell (heather grahams character) in the third film. I dont know if there was some explaination of her absense which i missed but as far as i could tell she was there at the end of the second film and then missing completely from the third!!!

I wouldnt have minded if they explained where she was but they totally brushed over it...

Tom Samborski 02-10-2003 02:03 PM

Yeah, I wonder what happened to her as well. This is probably one of the biggest plot holes in the Austin Powers trilogy.

Annie Hall 02-10-2003 02:05 PM

Well, the Bond flicks don't always explain what happened between one Bond girl to the next. Felicity and Austin were not married, so they could've just parted ways.

Since the first movie was not expected to have a sequel, they just let Vanessa and Austin settle down. But, when the sequel came, they had to have a new girl (it's the Powers way), but at the same time explain Vanessa's disappearance.

For Felicity, this just wasn't necessary.

Ren Hoek 02-10-2003 02:20 PM

Whatever happened to Honey Rider, Pussy Galore, Domino, Octopussy, Christmas Jones or Jinx from the JAMES BOND flicks? Well, it doesn't matter... and - since AP is a BOND parody - it also doesn't really matter what happened to the girls from the AUSTIN POWERS films.

Annie Hall 02-10-2003 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RenHoek
Whatever happened to Honey Rider, Pussy Galore, Domino, Octopussy, Christmas Jones or Jinx from the JAMES BOND flicks? Well, it doesn't matter... and - since AP is a BOND parody - it also doesn't really matter what happened to the girls from the AUSTIN POWERS films.
(Smokes Sherlock Holmes pipe) My point exactly. :p

PS. Did you really think the Austin Powers movies had so much plot cohesion? ;)

Ren Hoek 02-10-2003 02:32 PM

Let me be your Watson, Sherlock Hall'mes... right, my post sounds quite redundant after yours. But I just couln't resist to name some of my favorite Bond girls. I'm such a geek :p

Annie Hall 02-10-2003 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RenHoek
Let me be your Watson, Sherlock Hall'mes... right, my post sounds quite redundant after yours. But I just couln't resist to name some of my favorite Bond girls. I'm such a geek :p
Not at all...always glad to have my points backed up! Lord knows how many times people have thought "Annie...just...just...go wouldja?" :p

...c'est la vie...you listed some righteous bond girls, in any case. ;)

The Postmaster General 02-10-2003 04:54 PM

I was really expecting to see her in the third one as well. Graham talked about doing the third one as long as they didn't kill her horribly like they did with Liz Hurley.

I think it all came down to money, because Powers doesn't really totally follow the Bond formula - I mean, we did have the same villian in all of them. Plus, I don't think Powers is as directly a Bond spoof as it is just a spoof of that whole sixties spy genre. The movie actually looks much more like IN LIKE FLINT.

Anyway, I think the reason she wasn't in APTSWSM was simple: MONEY!!!!

BorderEevilIII 02-10-2003 05:33 PM

Felicity Shagwell, 3rd film?!?!? What?!?!?! I read that Heather Graham & Liz Hurley was SUPPOSED to have made a cameo appearance in AP Goldmember. Im not sure as their characters or as celebrities.

the_sneaker 02-11-2003 05:01 PM

That's what I want to know. There was no explination as to why she wasn't in the third one. At least in the second one the reason why Elizabeth Hurley wasn't in it was because she was a Femme-bot and wanted to kill Austin. But in the third one, Felicity was just gone. I mean, come on. Why? WHY? She was so hot! There was no reason to not have her in it.

*the_sneaker, in uncontrollable rage, gets up from his PC and goes on a killing spree American Pyscho styles.*

Annie Hall 02-11-2003 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the_sneaker
*the_sneaker, in uncontrollable rage, gets up from his PC and goes on a killing spree American Pyscho styles.*
Oh...no....you're...you're in touch with humanity ;)

APzombie 02-12-2003 05:06 PM

thats an easy answer...

She ran off with the Austin from the past.

bob 02-13-2003 06:54 PM

She ran off to play a slut in some crappy movie...oh wait, that was Heather Graham.

SarahSince1988 08-15-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jodman (Post 630270)
I know that plot cohesion isn't exactly high up on the Austin Powers Franchise's list of priorities but i just couldnt ignore one thing from the third installment.

What happened to Felicity Shagwell (heather grahams character) in the third film. I dont know if there was some explaination of her absense which i missed but as far as i could tell she was there at the end of the second film and then missing completely from the third!!!

I wouldnt have minded if they explained where she was but they totally brushed over it...


Disappearance from the series:

Heather Graham did film a scene for the sequel, Austin Powers in Goldmember, but it was cut from the final version and did not appear on a DVD release. A book, which tied in with all three films, says that Felicity stayed in the present, but realized that Austin was still in love with Vanessa Kensington. The two parted ways, but Felicity did not travel back to the 1960s, as most of the battles against sexism had already been won.

SarahSince1988

magjournal 08-15-2012 10:04 AM

Felicity Shagwell was my favorite of the love interests in the series.

The Postmaster General 08-16-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahSince1988 (Post 3587687)
Disappearance from the series:

Heather Graham did film a scene for the sequel, Austin Powers in Goldmember, but it was cut from the final version and did not appear on a DVD release. A book, which tied in with all three films, says that Felicity stayed in the present, but realized that Austin was still in love with Vanessa Kensington. The two parted ways, but Felicity did not travel back to the 1960s, as most of the battles against sexism had already been won.

SarahSince1988


One of the all time great relevant first posts.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.