Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Celeb-O-Meter (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Michelle Rodriguez (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51440)

Luke-Abbott 04-25-2003 05:33 PM

Michelle Rodriguez

http://images.fotki.com/v4/photos/1/...17/mr77-vi.jpg

Now, I know theres hardly alot of Michelle fans on this board but with lasses like Naomi Watts and such (who are nice looking don't get me wrong) I thought: "wheres the love for Michelle?" Well, here is what I think of the lovely Michelle Rodriguez. Not only is she a good actress but she is also looking mighty damn fine and cute.

But with the looks aside for a minute (probably like a second ;)) I think her acting skills are pretty good, I haven't seen her in a movie that has her acting talents worthy of an oscar...yet. But she isn't half bad and is fun to watch. Course, I'm talking about her talent because she has got talent.

Now, her looks are amazing IMO. She kinds reminds me of my ex (yeah she dumped me, but bless her soul) which is one of the reasons I like her but also she is cute and has got a fine figure. Course, most schomes I'm guessing will say she aint hot or cute or ought like that but watch her smile and there it is :)

Anyways, thats my thoughts on the ever lovely Michelle Rodriguez, plus the pic was the only really cute pic I could find of her and damn its good enough for me ;)

A.J. Hakari 04-26-2003 09:37 AM

I agree wholeheartedly here. Michelle Rodriguez has some solid acting chops and, despite her tough chick persona and roles, looks very lovely. She's good, and I don't see why most just write her off. :cool:

James Logan 04-26-2003 10:16 AM

She ticks me off.

ilovemovies 04-26-2003 10:44 AM

I have to say Nay. I don't find her very attractive and has failed to impress me as an actress. Granted, I wholeheartedly admit I have not seen Girlfight for which she recieved good reviews for but everything that I have seen from her I remain underwhelmed and unimpressed.

screamer581 04-26-2003 01:47 PM

I actually kinda like her. I thought she was very good in Girlfight, and yes I am going to say it...I think she ain't bad looking either. *runs away*

A.J. Hakari 04-26-2003 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by screamer581
*runs away*
I'm runnin' with ya, pal. :cool:

Hannibal21 04-27-2003 03:45 AM

Talent - I wouldn't say she's THAT bad. She did a good job in Girlfight, but other than that she hasn't really impressed me. So I guess a Nay.

Looks - Can't say she's not hot, I'd still hit it. Yay!

electriclite 04-27-2003 04:00 AM

I like her attitude. She's very down to earth and shrugs off the whole "attractive" thing that Hollywood is all about. I love this quote she made: "If I'm sexy, then everyone in New Jersey (her hometown) is sexy."

She does need to get out of Hollywood's tendency to pidgeon-hole her into the same part. She needs her agent to find her different scripts with more versatile parts, then I think we can truly judge her acting.

Coincidentally, she's in S.W.A.T. with Colin Farrell. Do you think he tried to get it on with her as well?

Bullet Tooth Tony 04-27-2003 05:34 AM

I'm fairly in-different to her. Only seen her in RESIDENT EVIL & FAST AND THE FURIOUS. She did what she had to in those films.

I don't really think shes good looking at all.

Voodoodoll 04-27-2003 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by electriclite

She does need to get out of Hollywood's tendency to pidgeon-hole her into the same part. She needs her agent to find her different scripts with more versatile parts, then I think we can truly judge her acting.

I agree she is in danger of being the tough-girl in every role (it's probably something she could phone in too). She was great in Girlfight but other roles haven't been meaty enough. I think she's got a great attitude and screen presence.

Big yay! :)

mattjk_17 04-27-2003 08:18 AM

I've only seen her in Resident Evil, but I thought she was pretty good to be honest. So yay!

Scarface98.9 04-27-2003 02:16 PM

She gets a YAY from me. I haven't seen Girlfight, but even when she's in a bad movie (like F&F) she doesn't embarass herself like other cast members do. For talent, I think she has definite chops, just hasn't found the right role and right script yet to fully impress us.

For looks, I think she's very attractive, in a Lolita type way. That's good enough for me

ghost02 04-27-2003 07:09 PM

I've always liked her, a big Yay. Even if she has been in some downright bad movies, Girlfight was very good and I think her attitude is great. I've seen quite a few of her interviews (on E! and I think Leno), and she just seems like a cool down to earth chick. The Resident Evil commentary is great too, not to mention shes hot.

Luke-Abbott 04-28-2003 02:41 PM

What I like best about her is that she really isn't a tough chick like the people she plays all the time, she is a really cool and down to earth person like you said ghost02.

Oh and in case you didn't guess already, she gets a big YAY for me too ;)

Slim 04-29-2003 05:45 AM

Shit, I really don't like her. She was doing this annoying thing with her eyes...sort of like rolling her eyes but it was like permanent for the entire fucking movie! I need to find a picture to show you what I mean. Oh yeah, she seems to be suffering from a serious case of "bitchface". Now maybe it's not "bitchface" but actually her "tough girl" look. And, damn! She's picking terrible movies and the same fucking roles too! Anyway...I don't like her! Nay on looks and talent.

http://www.atnzone.com/moviezone/fea...identevil2.jpg

There. Fuck! Stop making that face, Michelle!

ghost02 04-29-2003 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SlimX
There. Fuck! Stop making that face, Michelle!
In the commentary Rodriguez actually complains about Anderson making her do that face the whole movie.
According to her, most of the stage instructions were "Alright, michelle, do the eye thing! Good, ACTION"
I guess its her version of Samuel Jacksons "The fuck are you thinking?" look; like it or not, they will be using it in every one of their roles forever.

Luke-Abbott 04-29-2003 08:32 AM

You've got a point there SlimX, about the "same roles". I actually can't wait till she gets a different role, something that can actually make people stop and notice her a bit more. When she did Girlfight (great film BTW) it was her first time at being the tough chick (to my knowledge anyways) it was her success and also her downfall. She became a tough chick in The Fast and The Furious as Letty, was tough chick Rain in Resident Evil, I aint seen 3:AM yet but she looks tough (:p) and shes pretty much a tough chick in Blue Crush as well.

Although, I aint complaining but I would like to see Michelle do more roles to get others to notice her a bit more.

Paterfamilias 04-29-2003 10:17 AM

I liked her in Girlfight. Haven't seen the others. Yay so far

bowieee 04-29-2003 12:56 PM

She has a certain tough girl flair to her that appeals to me so Yup. :)

the movie guy 05-21-2003 01:03 AM

NAY. Worst actress in Hollywood at the moment.

NAY also for looking so pissed off all the time.

Kastman 05-29-2003 09:00 AM

Shit, i made an embarassing mistake. I thought it was MICHAEL rodriguez

of course im just kidding, i got nothing against her

Hannibal21 05-29-2003 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by electriclite
Coincidentally, she's in S.W.A.T. with Colin Farrell. Do you think he tried to get it on with her as well?
If he did, then I feel sorry for her.

vtadave 05-29-2003 12:26 PM

I've always found her to be one ugly-looking skank.

NAY

Grebdron 05-29-2003 01:26 PM

He's ugly.

Hannibal21 05-29-2003 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Grebdron
He's ugly.
Ha!!

TRFanatic 06-08-2003 10:57 PM

I think Michelle Rodriguez is a really good actress. Girlfight was a kicka$$ movie. I loved it. Resident Evil Was alright, wasn't great but Michelle was good in it. Now, Blue Crush if you haven't seen it is another really good movie and I would recommend it. I like the way Michelle presents herself. She ain't trying to be something she's not. And she just don't give a SH**! try talking smack to her if she were in your school. I got bets on her! I loved when she beat that slutty girls a** in Girlfight. She deserved it. I laughed! Blue Crush was cool like I said. Michelle Kicks A$$!

the p&j experiance 06-14-2003 06:20 AM

I don't like her, not because she isn't talented, but because she looks like a pissy dyke bitch all the fucking time.

Buc_Nonsense 06-15-2003 12:36 AM

I cant Stand her. Hate the tough attitude

Addi88 06-21-2003 10:46 PM

I'm in the middle of a Yay and an Nay for her acting

For her looks, let's check with the family feud on this one.

http://www.tm001d6792.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/hitit2.jpg

girl6 06-24-2003 08:53 AM

Yay! I loved her in Girl Fight. But she seems to be getting pigeon holed in these tough girl roles. I wish she would exspand a little. And yes I would hit more than once.

MacReady 06-25-2003 12:48 AM

Nay! I think her acting sucks and she basically looks like Angelina Jolie "Lite".

Asokan 01-07-2004 02:00 AM

I liked her in GIRLFIGHT and thought she was pretty sexy for a hard-ass chick who would rip out your testicles for a sly remark.

She was okay and sexier in THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS, but then she just continued to play the same role over and over again: the tough-chick-in-the-male-dominant-team-role that just gets tiring.

So NAY.

BorderEevilIII 01-07-2004 02:35 AM

She started off in Girlfight and then moved onto whaaa Fast & Furious, Resident Evil then Blue Crush.

Michelle does have that I am pissed and I will kick your ass look. But i'd like to see her in something comedy ? Drama? that doesn't require frowns :D

t3h Qster 01-07-2004 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Adam J. Hakari
I'm runnin' with ya, pal. :cool:
wait for me!!

grrrrrrrr this woman has about as much talent as Ms Spea.....oops I meant Mrs. Alexander....oops I mea......oh god you suck britney!

jeo4 01-07-2004 11:32 AM

She filled the bill in her role for RESIDENT EVIL. She's not an eyesore, but not that great, either. I'm indifferent except for the fact I hate the whole "tough girl" image.

No-prize time: M'eh.

Raul Duke 01-08-2004 04:01 PM

she sucks in every sense of the word

Indy in IN 01-08-2004 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Raul Duke
she sucks in every sense of the word
Oh, I bet she does. :o

Not likely to win a Best Actress Oscar EVER, but she does blay a mean Bad Ass Bitch.

resdawg 01-08-2004 06:56 PM

I love Michelle Rodriguez, my favorite actress.

My little cousin lent me her copy of girl fight 3 years ago ( I still have to give it back) Ive followed her in every movie accept for 3 am I havnt seen it in video stores.

urbanlegend23 01-10-2004 03:12 PM

IN THE MIDDLE

She's pretty good at playing the basass rebel bitch with a shitty fucked up attitude, but she needs to get roles that expand on her talent. I can't deny enjoying her in movies, but that she always does the same thing pisses me off and almost makes her a nay.

She ain't too bad lookin, especially in "Blue Crush".

Boba Joe 01-16-2004 09:32 PM

I could never see her in a romantic lead, but she kicks ass as the bad ass.
She's the kind of girl you bring home to mom just to give her a heart attack.

Yay.