Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums

Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums (http://www.joblo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Celeb-O-Meter (http://www.joblo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Harrison Ford (http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55040)

Louise 06-10-2003 07:54 AM

Harrison Ford

I don't know about anyone else, but this guy is among the greatest movie stars ever!
As well as being hugely talented, and able to do alot of his own stunts, he is also amazingly good looking. The Indiana Jones films rock!

what a great actor! Big Yay from me :cool:

Moviefan1234 06-10-2003 08:17 AM

Re: Harrison Ford

Quote:

Originally posted by Louise
I don't know about anyone else, but this guy is among the greatest movie stars ever!

I couldn't agree more. One of my favorite actors of all time. I love the man and his movies.

Louise 06-10-2003 08:33 AM

Re: Re: Harrison Ford

Quote:

Originally posted by Moviefan1234
I couldn't agree more. One of my favorite actors of all time. I love the man and his movies.
:) yeah! and still going strong today- even at 60!!! He's worth 100 of today's have-a-go movie star wannabes.

He rocks! :cool:

robk 06-10-2003 08:35 AM

Re: Harrison Ford

Quote:

Originally posted by Louise
As well as being hugely talented, and able to do alot of his own stunts, he is also amazingly good looking. The Indiana Jones films rock!

what a great actor! Big Yay from me :cool:

I couldn't have said that better myself!

Michael_myers 06-10-2003 10:51 AM

YAY! Probably my favorite actor, I have loved everything I've seen him in. Apocalypse Now, Star Wars, Indy, The Fugitive, Blade Runner, the man's a god! He's way better than 80% of the crappy "action" stars out there.

bob 06-10-2003 12:07 PM

Hmmm....I'm conflicted. I think most of the films he's made in his career are crap, but I loved him in the IJ trilogy, The Conversation, Blade Runner, and his small role in Apocalypse Now, so I'll give a borderline Yay.

James Logan 06-10-2003 12:36 PM

HUGE YAY. My favorite actor, and definitely one of the best. And I really think HOLLYWOOD HOMICIDE looks fun. :)

SAI 06-10-2003 01:39 PM

Qualified Yay. A better actor than he's given credit for (Witness, The Fugitive) and one of the truly great stars. BUT comes off as overly reticent and something of a dick when interviewed and seem to have forgotten how to pick movies. Here hoping IJ 4 doesn't suck

Hannibal21 06-10-2003 02:33 PM

YAY! A classy actor. Funny and dramatic, a great action star and a all around likable guy.

therealjohng 06-10-2003 02:51 PM

One of the best movie stars of all time. Always giving top notch performances.

zeppelin 06-10-2003 03:29 PM

When you play both Han Solo AND Indiana Jones, I think that automatically qualifies you for a yay.

James Logan 06-11-2003 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SAI
Here hoping IJ 4 doesn't suck
Steven Spielberg is directing, Frank Darabont is writing, George Lucas is producing, and Harrison Ford is starring. What in fuck's name could go wrong? :)

Louise 06-11-2003 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by James Logan
Steven Spielberg is directing, Frank Darabont is writing, George Lucas is producing, and Harrison Ford is starring. What in fuck's name could go wrong? :)
:cool: I can't wait for this film!!!! at last i will be able to see an Indy film at the cinema (i was too young when they first came out aand saw them on tv) and maybe this movie will be another classic- I'd love to know who else is in it, and if Indiana's sexy outfit still looks good on him... :D

SAI 06-11-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

We've been here man, mostly I'm concerned about Ford's age. Indana Jones at 60 doesn't really have huge appeal to me plus Ford's standard of work has slipped of late.

therealjohng 06-11-2003 08:53 PM

Quote:

George Lucas is producing, What in fuck's name could go wrong? :)
Howard the Duck anyone?

jolanar 06-11-2003 09:41 PM

I love Harrison Ford, he is definately one of my favorite actors.

Although I really hate it when old men star in action movies... it just seems silly. As long as Indy 4 doesn't pretend that Ford is still 30, then I think it can still be a good movie.

Michael_myers 06-11-2003 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by therealjohng
Howard the Duck anyone?
:p :p :p So true my friend, so true.

ilovemovies 06-11-2003 11:03 PM

Quote:

Howard the Duck anyone?

Howard the Duck was directed by Willard Huyck who hasn't directed anything since. This is Steven Spielberg we're talking about.

And he cowrote it with Gloria Katz who has barely done anything since as well. She is no Frank Darabont obviously.

Oh and A HUGE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY! for Harrison Ford. The GREATEST action star of all time. And a damn GREAT actor too.

James Logan 06-13-2003 05:39 AM

Quote:

Howard the Duck anyone?
Now that's under the belt, man. :p

Heavenley 06-13-2003 09:33 AM

YAY!!

A great legendary actor who's still going strong. I've loved him in most of his movies.

Joel_R 06-13-2003 11:31 PM

Yay, defiantly one of the greatest movie stars of the past 25 years.

Voodoodoll 06-14-2003 06:17 AM

Definite yay! :)

He's had (and is still having) a great career. He was fine when he was younger too :D

Jayen 06-25-2003 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SAI
Qualified Yay. A better actor than he's given credit for (Witness, The Fugitive) and one of the truly great stars. BUT comes off as overly reticent and something of a dick when interviewed and seem to have forgotten how to pick movies. Here hoping IJ 4 doesn't suck
Agreed. He could work on his PR skills a bit. But Hollywood Homicide bombed, & his last $100m box office was ....???...what...Air-force 1? IJ4 may yet resuscitate, or HF's got to do something to stay relevant in these days of Vin Diesel

Bullet Tooth Tony 06-27-2003 04:33 PM

A legend.

Any man that is both Indy and Han Solo should be a God.

In my top five fo sheezy.

Psychocandy 06-28-2003 03:45 PM

In spite of my conviction that the guy hasn't done anything truly worthwhile for a decade (The Fugitive was the last Ford movie I managed to glean any enjoyment out of) i'm gonna give his a YAY anyway. He was Han Solo and Indiana Jones for fucks sake. How can I not give him a YAY?

The Lolo 07-01-2003 10:32 PM

YAY!

He was a kick-ass President in Air Force One!

Arathon 07-06-2003 02:06 AM

A definite BIG YAY from me! Loved him in the indy trilogy, SW trilogy and The Fugitive! Also "What Lies Beneath" a film starring him beside Michelle Pfieffer is on tonight, and it looks good! And hopefully it will be!

ColinM 07-10-2003 10:50 PM

How could I not give a yay to Han Solo and Harrison Ford? Come on, now!

Dignan 07-11-2003 03:42 PM

Ford has lost it, his more recent films have been TERIBKE and I dread seeing old man Indy hobbling around on the big screen....

Nay, as of now... he has the chance to redeem himself....

ZoMBiEPeEpSHoW 08-11-2003 01:37 PM

Probably my favorite actor. So a big YAY comming this way.

Moviefan1234 04-30-2008 12:15 AM

Edited...

Wrong place, sorry Lindsey.

ListersParanoia 05-05-2008 12:33 PM

I could watch Harrison cheat death and punch people out all the live long day, one of the all time best stars in cinema.

P.S. I've got a little bit of a *dude crush* on him ;)

darknite125 05-12-2008 05:02 PM

Ford is still kickin ass after many years of great acting.

redfiretruck 07-15-2008 06:43 AM

Honestly, I think he's too old to be playing Indiana Jones still. He's just an okay actor, but I'd like to see him taking mostly father and grandfather roles, stuff more age appropriate. Oh, and I always get him confused with Dennis Quaid.

Beenthere 08-01-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redfiretruck (Post 2805646)
Honestly, I think he's too old to be playing Indiana Jones still. He's just an okay actor, but I'd like to see him taking mostly father and grandfather roles, stuff more age appropriate. Oh, and I always get him confused with Dennis Quaid.

O.K. actor? Looks like Dennis?

Well, shit happens.

The only problem I ever had with Ford is that he does not play Jewish guys. Unlike Paul Newman who did. And it's from the guy who said "...Irish as a person, but I feel Jewish as an actor". :)

Great actor.

RicochetShaw 08-01-2008 04:28 PM

I'm going to defend what redfiretruck says. There's no doubt he's a very bankable star, but I definitely wouldn't say he's a great actor.

Le_Big_Mac 08-01-2008 06:40 PM

Yay. Great star, alright actor.

BananaDancer 08-14-2008 03:52 PM

I don't think he's that bankable, but he is a solid actor.

poopontheshoes7 08-14-2008 07:37 PM

I love me some Harrison Ford.

The mans a legend.

sbunn10 08-14-2008 07:42 PM

Harrison Ford is the fucking man. Redfiretruck you get him confused with Dennis Quaid!? How dare you sir.. how dare you!?