View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Ok..

Bolton Wanderers v Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn too classy for a determined Bolton side. They won't concede as many as they did at Old Trafford, but won't be able to hold out a quality Rovers side. Emerton to star again. Bolton 0 - 2 Blackburn

Chelsea v Leicester City

Chelsea surprised me with a good team effort away to Liverpool. I think they'll prove to have one of the best defences in the Premiership (an area where they've not spent much in the summer) as it's settled, and gelling nicely. Waaay too tight for Leicester to notch a winning score against. Chelsea 3 - 0 Leicester City

Everton v Fulham

I think Everton over-achieved last season, as much as Fulham under-achieved. Everton's defence ain't getting any younger, and I don't think they'll hold out an improving Fulham team. Going for an upset. Everton 1 - 2 Fulham

Manchester City v Portsmouth

Pompey to gain experience, but Man City to be too good in front of their rabid home fans. Anelka looking hard to stop. Manchester City 2 - 0 Portsmouth

Newcastle United v Manchester United

Mouth-watering stuff. A composed Man U defence can handle the pressure of raid after raid from Newcastle's speedy midfield/attack, and counter-attack with deadly accuracy. Newcastle United 1 - 2 Manchester United

Southampton v Birmingham City

Nice fight-back by The Saints last week. They'll break down Birmingham, eventually. Southampton 1 - 0 Birmingham

Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds United

Sort it lads!! Spurs will start Zamora, who'll give us the confidence we need to start well against Leeds. It'll be over by half time, as a sured-up Spurs defence holds firm. Fire up Stevie Carr! Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 0 Leeds United

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic

I think a no-frills bunch of too-olds and unprovens can grind out a result against a disjointed Charlton team struggling to gel. Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 - 0 Charlton Athletic