View Single Post
Old 02-18-2004, 09:26 AM

THE RULES OF ATTRACTION

I recently blind bought this movie and I don't regret it at all. It was a really good character study, with great performances, great looking girls, a cool soundtrack (I won't listen to "Without You" the same way) and a really sad, but realistic, ending. I liked all the characters, I could connect to them in one way or another. That's why I cared about them.

**SPOILERS**
I know people say that you couldn't care for the girl that kills herself. But I did. 'Cause I knew what she was going through and I was one of the few, or so it seems, that notices her everytime she was on screen. I think it was really clever to show us her pain through the loved person's eye, and not the lover. 'Cause we always see thing from our point of view, but this time we saw it from Sean's (Van Der Beek) eyes, so we knew how did the girl feel. Well, I see it that way at least.
**END SPOILERS**

In the end, THE RULES OF ATTRACTION was a very good movie, and with a great re-watch value, I've seen it a few times already and I still love it. A great addition to my collection.

RATING: 8/10 (A-)