View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 02:35 AM
*FF8 Spoilers*

Quote:
Originally posted by Sinncere
Ultimecia wasn't even the hardest boss in Final Fantasy 8.

Omega Weapon was the biggest prick of all, which is a main reason I play FF8 over and over again. I just like to kick that big guy's ass before he kicks mine first. Even with the shitty prize for defeating him, it's the battle with him that I look forward to. The guy's just insanely strong. Consider him my buddy.
I know and yeah, Omega be a bitch.

As for your sequel idea, I like it but a lot of people think that Ultimecia IS Rinoa. I mean, after looking at the inticacies in the plot, it makes a lot of sense.
-

However, my idea of the sequel's (entitled "Final Fantasy VIII: Children's Cradle") plot was this:

Four and a half years after Squall came back from the future, they both live in Squall's dad's old place in Winhill. Ellone is living in Esthar with Laguna by now. So, the point is, the party of the orphanage (Squall, Zell, Seifer, Quistis, Irvine and Selphie) are summoned to Esthar by Ellone. Apparently, someone has snapped the Crystal Pillar from Tear's Point, as well as opened Lunatic Pandora. She explains that if another Lunar Cry happens, the world will be destroyed (the shattered Crystal "calls" for the lunar tear). Laguna sends them to find the Crystal's pieces. As of now, it sounds both too FF and cliché ("Find the eight pieces from the eight temples of Lynn before it's too late wooo!") but it did get heavier. Turns out that the moment the crystal gets snapped, Rinoa got pregnant (the fact that she got knocked up right when someone broke the crystal is revealed later) with -get this- septuplets. Among a shitload of plot twists, it turns out that a possessed Rinoa's future self snapped the crystal and her seven children are, in fact, Squall, Zell, Seifer, Quistis, Irvine and Selphie! Doesn't gel with the game's plot right? Well, apparently they were time looped to the past (like the ending of FFVIII) and had their memories changed when they got to Edea's orphanage.

There is a lot more to the plot but I can't remember, I want to find wherever I doodled this nonsense.