View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Olde schmoes (pre-2003); oh Christ, Inside-Out Bear is coming!!!!!

For those schmoes that have been posting for at least two years and know what the hell I am talking about, I give you this frightening and cryptic information found this morning on the web. It's happening! It's happening! Run for your lives! Run for your lives!

"About 2,500 fish collected from 260 bodies of water from 1999 to 2001 showed the presence of mercury, the report said. The toxic metal can cause neurological and developmental problems, particularly in young children.

The report was prepared for Clear the Air, a joint campaign of the Clean Air Task Force, the National Environmental Trust and the U.S. Public Interest Research Group. The study recommended more restrictions on mercury emissions from coal-fired power plants.

Seventy-six percent of the fish samples exceeded EPA's mercury exposure limit for children of average weight under the age of three, the report said. And 55 percent contained mercury that exceeded the limit for women of average weight, it said. The report assumed that people in both groups ate fish twice a week."

Don't go in the woods! For God's sakes, don't go in the woods! I ain't steppin' outta my 'burb for all the fucking tea in China!!!