View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 11:53 PM
I will begin first by apologizing. I didn't mean for my message to come off as it did. I have been simply defending a group of people who are taking criticism for simply doing their jobs. I have simply been trying to explain that nobody should be allowed to criticize until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

What I would like is for you to explain where on the diamond you think an umpire should stand in order to be able see a play at second, be able to cover first on a rotation when the first base umpire has to run to the outfield to judge if a ball was caught or trapped by an outfielder. There are entire books on proper umpire mechanics and basically, you cannot fault an umpire for not being able to see a tag when he was in the proper position.

My goal throughout these past few posts has been to defend a group that takes ridicule for doing their jobs. Professional writers make grammatical mistakes, basketball players miss free throws, pitchers throw wild pitches, condoms break, cel phones lose service during an important phone call and umpires blow calls. It is just the world we live in.

I stand here in complete apology for directing a personal attack at a fellow Schmoe. Please forgive me. I will be more careful in the way I phrase my posts in the future. Let's just sit back and enjoy the great officiating we will see in the World Series and after each game discuss what the umpires and players did well instead of ranting about missed opportunities.