View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler_Durden_208
You recall to mind the time an interviewer (who was trying to tick him off) asked Angus Young what it was like to be in a band that had recorded the same album 12 times. Angus responded, "13 times." Some bands just aren't supposed to be progressing anywhere. The albums are there and you can either enjoy them or just not. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But since I like all their albums, I'm guessing we're always gonna have different viewpoints, but I do repesct your opinion
I agree with Angus. Many bands don't need to innovate. I don't need Slayer to show me a new and exciting style. New songs in their classic style makes me very happy. I do like to hear new things, but at the same time, I've never been one to complain about any band's new album sounding like a rehash of their masterpiece(s).

Mercyful Fate is my favorite band, and I love all of their albums, which have evolved over their career. However, I think they would still be my favorite band even if each album sounded exactly like Melissa.