View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
I listened to a shit load of Kreator today. They are just a band I don't get all the hype about along with Celtic Frost. They have some fun songs, but a lot of them just meld together for me and I'd take the big four of thrash over them any day. Pleasure To Kill and Coma Of Souls are probably the two albums I dig a little, but there is some filler on both. Even bands like Exodus, Death Angel, Testament, Sodom, and Annihilator I'd take over them for thrash. They are still better than my least favorite thrash band, Overkill.

Kreator are pretty good, but I agree that they are overrated. Out of the big 3 german thrash bands (Sodom, Destruction, Kreator), they are at the bottom in my book. Sodom is my favorite thrash band and third favorite band period.

Overkill I love as well. Is it the vocals that turn you off from them? While I like them, I readily admit they're not to everybody's taste.

Celtic Frost... I LOVE Morbid Tales and To Mega Therion. Into the Pandemonium is meh, and after that they completely fell apart. I do like their new album though. Very doomy and a good direction for them.

Quote:

New Maiden is good, but I've slowly been growing out of Maiden. I can't seem to worship them as much as I did a few years ago. Their songs just don't really interest me as much anymore.
I didn't like it too much at first, but after more listens it grew on me and I like it quite a bit. It's a very "chill" album for them though.