View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 12:23 AM
WHAT SIDE DOES EVERYONE THINK IS GONNA WIN IN MARVEL'S CIVIL WAR?

ok people, this is going to be the first thing stated in this thread, so that way no one needs to repeat this in their posts...

THIS IS A SPOILER HEAVY THREAD. FOR THOSE NOT READING CIVIL WAR OR ARE IN THE PROCESS OF READING CIVIL WAR AND HAVEN'T CAUGHT UP TO THE CURRENT ISSUES PLEASE READ AHEAD AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION. YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED.

ok, so now that thats out of the way, let get to what this thread is about: marvel's civil war and who thinks who is gonna win it. i am like just about every person whos reading it, and am totally siding with captain america's anti-registration side. but does that mean i think they will win? maybe. does that mean i think iron man's pro-registration side will win? no. personally, i think its a third party whos going to try and musvle their way into the war...the government. basing this on the last issue of wolverine (46), and how a certain government affiliate was providing m.g.h. (mutant growth hormone), and basically was the one responsible for the stamford incident. and with them causing disasters to clean them up and that whole mess of things. it all just seems a little too weird, and is definetly something under caps and iron mans noses. we just have to wait until wolverines next issue to see what happens next. the mother of turning points happened in amazing spider-man (535) when spider-man FINALLY decided he was on the wrong side. ohh boy did that get me going. iron man has been nothing but a douchebag since civil war started, and finally spider-man sees it. plus, not to mention tony is in this mostly for the money. i wonder how that face-off is gonna end. i also think reed richards is gonna switch sides, too. tony stark has been getting way in over his head lately, and its causing everyone to change sides. more and more people seem to be going over to cap's side, which is fine by me. plus another thing thats really mind-blowing is the fact that thor isnt't exaclty thor, but a clone of him gone wrong.

all-in-all, i think civil war is getting a lot better, i thought for a while there that the story wasn't really going too far, and was slowing down, especially when wolverine began and some other miscellaneous titles. i think civil war has picked up quite a bit, and could possibly go past its february end date as more and more titles are being added into the mix.

if i had to choose between caps and irons' side....obviously, caps side would win for me. i think iron man will be overthrown by caps side or the government affiliates providing the fuel for the fire that is this civil war. either that, or tony stark will finally realize what a douchbag he is and release all of the heroes and villians from the 'negative zone' and strike back. OR someone else will release the prisoners without tony's knowledge.

one thing that still hurts my head is...how long are they gonna keep up with spider-man being unmasked? i think it's only a matter of time before the world somehow forgets it. its happened to tony stark a few times, where he was unmasked and then convinced the world he wasnt iron man. its happened to a few people. i just wonder how they'll handle it in spider-mans world. lets hear what you guys have to say about marvel's civil war!