View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Ok so the year's almost done with, and it's about time I made my top 10 of '06 list. Here it be:

1. Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death - Progressive, catchy, epic, ect... Everything you expect from metal GOD'S Maiden is on here. With each new release, Maiden prove they're still the best.

2. Motorhead - Kiss of Death - Just like Maiden, Lemmy and Co. are still kicking ass and showing the newbies how it's done. Typical kick as stuff from Motorhead. Not a weak song on here.

3. Slayer - Christ Illusion - Lyrics aside, this was a step in the right direction for Slayer. True, this is no technical masterpiece, but it's crushing stuff from the thrash vets.

4. Cannibal Corpse - Kill - BRUTAL. Corpse are still one of the best DM bands around, and this proves it. Fast, technical, heavy as fuck. Everything you wanted from CC and more.

5. DragonForce - Inhuman Rampage - Ok, call them gay, cheasey, unoriginal or whatever, but the musiciansip on this album is astounding. So incredibly catchy. Personally I love it.

6. Suffocation - Suffocation - Just like Corpse, Suffocation prove with this album they still rule. Brutal, technical and flawless metal from the NYDM masters.

7. Celtic Frost - Monotheist - Dark, brooding, depressing. CF are back and this is a totally awsome album.

8. Darkthrone - The Cult is Alive - The Cult is indeed fucking alive. Black metal ledgends with a punk vibe make this a great album.

9. Mastodon - Blood Mountian - I truley believe this band is "mainstream" metals only hope. In an age when bands gain a level of populatiry, most of them become shit, but Mastodon never changed their awesome sound. Great band, Great album.

10. Strapping Young Lad - The New Black - Devin is a genius. Totaly insane shit from SYL.