View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Re: New to Collecting

Quote:
Originally posted by Mory's Wigs
I am new to collecting comic books and just visited a comic store the other day. I came across the Ulitmate Spiderman Hard Cover Books ($29.99 each) and thought they looked really cool.

For those who have read them:

1) How many volumes are there?

2) Would you recommend them?

I am into the old super hero comics, that are recreated (Spiderman, Batman, Hulk, Fantastic Four, etc.) such as these Ultimate Spiderman books and like the idea of hard cover comic books ( a lot of comics in 1 book). So that being said, can you recommend anything?

Much appreciated!!!!
I've read Ultimate Spiderman, and that series is awesome, the storyline is awesome, the art is awesome (some of Mark Bagley's best work).

I think you can only get the hardcovers up to a certain point (there are like 17 or more volumes).

I highly recommend them.

go to your local comic store and look around, there are likely many different volumes TBPs, (graphic novels) - I like stuff by Top Cow, Vertigo, and Marvel - with a little Image thrown in there as well.

Marvel has "Essential" TPBs, which have 40 or more issues collected into one book, you can get Spiderman, Wolverine, X-Men, Hulk, etc etc.