View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 12:02 AM
I do loves me some Final Fantasy, but I'm really fucking sick of Square Enix milking the god damn franchise. With all the spin offs and pseudo-sequels (a fucking FFIV sequel on CELL PHONES? Come on), it seems like the Final Fantasy series is losing its luster. I'm nowhere near as excited for FFXIII as I am for games like Star Ocean 4, The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Dragon Quest IX (not to mention new versions of DQ IV, V and VI on DS), the new Valkyrie Profile on DS, and a couple of others.

Right now, the Enix half of Square Enix > the Square half. Yeah, sure Disidia looks cool (or however the fuck you spell it), but it's not necessary at all. And as excited as I am for FFIV on DS, we don't need a fucking 7th god damn version of that game. Square Enix is the only company I simultaneously love and hate. Because when they show off something like The Last Remnant or Infinite Undiscovery, it's like "FUCK YEAH! I LOVE YOU S-E!" and then they go and announce something like a semi-Parasite Eve sequel...for fucking cell phones, and it's like "FUCK YOU! I HATE YOU, S-E!"