View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCaptain4 View Post
"An escaped convict from an island prison in South America, Bane has abnormal strength as a result of having had experiments with a derivative of the drug Venom performed on him. He became known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat" when he broke Batman's spinal cord, forcing Bruce Wayne to give up the Batman persona while he recuperated."-- from Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28comics%29

I hope that sheds a little light. Personally, I wasn't a heavy reader of Batman comics and the ones I have read were back when I was in elementary/junior high. However, I've always loved Bane as a villian.
Thanks. The 'South America prison' thing rings a bell. I did watch TAS every now and again and that's probably where I heard it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
I could see Edward Norton being some sort of villian too. The dude could pull it off.
Edward Norton is a great actor and would fit in well in the series . . . BUT, he's now involved with the Hulk (and Avengers) series, so it's unlikely he'll be heavily involved with this franchise.
Quote:
And Lord Simen, I see where you are coming from but recasting the Joker would fucking suck especially in the same trilogy.

I WASNT one of those people saying Jack couldnt be topped. I thought Heath was a brillant choice. With that said, I just think they should somehow make a storyline that the Joker is locked away for good and will never be seen again.
And get a different villian entirely.
You're right, it wouldn't be the same now that we've seen Ledger's awesome and incredible portrayal. If Nolan's original plan was to continue a Batman vs. Joker storyline, I do hope he'll go a different route. But if that wasn't the original plan, and there was only a plan for a bit part, or cameo, then I hope they do go ahead . . . for the sake of the awesome and incredible storyline that Nolan (and Goyer) has come up with.