Thread: Death Penalty?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleysDad View Post
Cry me a river. No system is perfect Badbird. What about the other 99% who were put to death that were guilty? We always forget about those and focus on the minority of innocent. We also forget about the victims and their families.
Minority of innocent!!!

So lets be sure and get this straight: you are perfectly willing to let innocent people die just so that those who actually deserve the punishment are, in fact, punished?

What happened to thinking about the victims and their families? Which in this case actually IS the victim and their families!

Quote:
I also have a problem with the jails themselves. The jails in the USA are like country clubs. We need more jails like in Europe. I would like to remind the heart collector this, if he is reading. He hates America. Make jail less of a not so bad place to go and maybe less will want to return. Few fear going to jail. It is like college for criminals.

You're joking, right? Go watch "Locked Up" or whatever it's called on MSNBC. They play it pretty much every night.

Quote:
If I am on the commuter boat in The Dark Knight, I am pushing the button to kill all the criminals. I am not taking the chance that Batman will save us from the Joker.
And therefore showing you are worse than the criminals and falling right into the Joker's hands. I hope you're joking, because that's a completely psychotic point of view to take.