Thread: Death Penalty?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
Gun crime/incidents involving guns are rarely an issue in the UK at all...so you've definitely got a point.

I just disagree with capital punishment as I think it reflects very badly on society as a whole.

Could you elaborate as to why you think it's an effective deterrent? Or do you actually just agree with it as you think it is what the criminals deserve?

I'm not trying to be confrontational. I'm simply curious.
To me it is more of a money issue. Right now the death penalty costs more than just to keep the person in jail for life. I don't see the problem being fixed, so until it is I am not in favor of the death penalty. I am not going to sweat the few innocent people who were killed. Plus, with the use of the same technology that allowed some people to be cleared will prevent others from a wrongful death. Thus lowering the number to hopefully almost no one. I am a big believer in prison justice. Those people know how to punish the truly evil humans like child molesters.

I don't think prison or the death penalty is an effective deterrent at all. Hell,
I would jump at the chance to steal millions of dollars and only get a few years of prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
My mind is blown by how fucking awful this opinion is.
Awwwwwwww Here is a balloon for you!