View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Some random thoughts...

Well, you can already close the book on the Lions this year after getting their asses wiped clean by a rookie QB. Can they FINALLY fire Matt Millen's fat worthless ass this year???

Same goes for the Bengals, or at least their defense. Whatta bunch of pussies...

Buffalo came exploding out of the gate, but can they keep it up???

Favre has now cemented himself as the greatest the game has ever seen, in my eyes. To come out and play like that while calling yourself a Jet, wow. Pussington looked good too, but his limp-wristed throwing style won't take the Phins far...

Brees looked amazing as well for the Saints...

Damm, and I was sitting here thinking McNabb was washed up this year, and him and the Eags wipe the floor with the fuckin Rams haha...

Are the Texans always gonna suck this bad, or are the Steelers just that damm good this year???

Vince Young goes down and Kerry Collins (a better QB BTW) takes over, and that humongous Titan defense swallows up Garrard...

Well Jerry Jones' All-Star Band (Cowboys) start off with a W over the lowly Browns. One wonders if Cleveland can at least muster a 9-7 mark this year...

Game And Upset Of The Day has to be Panthers over Chargers. Carolina on the road, without Steve Smith, win on one hell of a gutsy final drive by DelHomme, while Peppers and the Panthers D eat No Class Tomlinson for dinner and ask for seconds. Shithead Turner should really look to John Fox as an example of what a real coach is...

Does anyone else think that a Kurt Warner-led Cards has a shot at winning their division???

As for the Colts, what shit. It appears that this once-mighty team is now edging past their primes. Sure Manning is still good, but Harrison and that defense is not what they once were, and as for the Bears, this shows that Kyle Orton should have been their QB all along instead of Grossman...

Finally,

Brady-Let me just say first off that it DID appear to be a dirty hit to me. The guy was blocked out of the play, Brady was getting the pass off no matter what, so he just dove for Brady's knee. One almost has to wonder if a poster with Brady's face along with a large bounty was put up in the KC locker room. If so, then that guy certainly earned his money...

On the other hand, look at who the Pats are looking at: Baby Simms?? Are you fucking kidding me??? Tim Rattay???? Please. The solution right now is to make a one year big money offer to Culpepper to reunite with Moss one last time. Then, we could be talking Super Bowl, the whole ten yards. As for Cassel, they've been preparing him for this for the last three years, but I'm not even sure he even deserves to be in the NFL, much less Brady's backup...

One last thing: NBC, please FIRE Keith Olbermann from your broadcast booth. The guy knows as much about football as Harvey Fierstein and is a stain on good analysts everywhere...

Last edited by JJFlamingo; 09-08-2008 at 01:05 PM..