So, as we all know by now, the board has gotten a massive overhaul in terms of moderators. I was lucky enough to be chosen as this forum's moderator, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I personally think it's one of the board's strongest forums, as we get to discuss and gossip about all the movies coming out in the next year and beyond.
I just want to go over a few things, so we can continue doing what we love, and so we can clean a few things up.
1) ALL RULES & GUIDELINES APPLY TO THIS FORUM (AND EVERY FORUM)
If you break any of the rules, you WILL be banned. I'm a reasonable guy, but if you're blatantly breaking the rules then we'll see you later.
If you need to refer to the Rules of the board, here's a refresher.
2) KEEP ALL TALK PERTAINING TO A MOVIE IN ONE THREAD
1) You do not disrespect, insult or put down your fellow movie fan on our board. Civil debates only.
2) You MUST be at least 15 years of age to join our board. Even if you're older than that, we expect you to post constructively, maturely and with sense. Basically, post with some weight behind it. If you've joined just to crack wise...you will be banned.
3) Think before posting!
A) Post in the correct forums
B) DO NOT SPOIL movies for others (or include a *SPOILERS WARNING* if you do)
C) Don't post items that are already there (use search function)
D) Always respond with more than just two words
E) DON'T WRITE IN ALL CAPS
4) Our board is for MOVIE TALK only. If you bring personal issues up on our board, you will be banned. If you discuss your ex-girlfriend, you will be banned. If you announce your comings and goings or gossip about so-and-so, you will be banned. If you can't handle the fact that someone in the world has an opinion that DIFFERS from yours maturely, you will be banned. Use email/chat/PM or the ol' fashioned telephone to share your non-movie life with others. This is a movie board, this is not a place for you to discuss your personal life or boo-hoo about how your lover just broke up with you.
5) NO FUCKIN' SPAMMING! If you're joining simply to plug your own site, you will be banned.
If there's a new trailer for "Transformers 2", do a search and see if there's a thread for it already. We don't need the forum being cluttered with thousands of Batman 3 threads - let's keep it all in one bad boy.
3) NO "OFFICIAL" IN A TITLE
This was sort of a rule waaaay back in the day, and is also a rule in our CURRENT MOVIE TALK section. I'd like to bring it back and keep it this way. We don't need to announce to everyone that it's the OFFICIAL thread, the title of the movie will suffice. It just gets things neater and possibly easier to find.
Other then that, let's just have a good time. Like I said, I'm really excited to be this forum's moderator, and I look forward to some productive posting. If you guys have ANY questions, concerns, etc. you can either PM or personally e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to use the "Report to Moderator" button whenever you see someone getting out of line, and I will deal with it as quickly as possible. If you don't see me doing so, e-mail me or PM me.