View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Asshole of the year... again!

Terrell Owens -- wearing one of his custom T-shirts that said "iLove" on the front and "Me some me" on the back -- spoke in the Cowboys' locker room Thursday, often about Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb and the reasons for their failed relationship.

"I will say that Donovan made me a better receiver in Philadelphia, but I think Donovan would have a hard time admitting I made him a better quarterback," he said.

Owens also suggested their problems were the result of McNabb being insecure about Owens' popularity surpassing that of the quarterback, saying, "I remember being in that stadium and hearing them chanting my name, and that couldn't bode well for Donovan."

Owens said he has a unique relationship with the Cowboys' Tony Romo because the quarterback "gets me" in a way none of the others ever did.

Owens also said he honestly does not believe what happened in Philly was his fault.

Owens says in many ways he still feels like a kid from a small town in Alabama with something to prove.

When asked about how it seemed Philly dominated the NFC East when he was an Eagle, much as the Cowboys are doing now, Owens suggested it was largely because he had changed teams. "The common denominator was me being in both places, but I will let you make that assessment," he said.

In his conference call with the Dallas media, Eagles coach Andy Reid said he was pleased with Owens' turnaround, even though it has occurred with a division rival, and called T.O. "a guy who will go down as one of the greatest ever to play the position."
This guy could not be anymore full of himself if he tried. Notice how the question was not asked, why have the Cowboys not won a playoff game with him in a Cowboy uniform? The really sad part is most of the players that Owens played with in Philly like him more than McNabb. If this were any other sport, Owens would have to watch his back for his big mouth. I would rather see this guy out with knee injuries than Brady.