View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
Week 2 picks

Hurricance Ike over Baltimore and Houston - Hurricane Ike prevents us from seeing this game from ever taking place

Yeah, I can't believe that's what I'm hearing, that it actually might be cancelled. This makes no sense to me at all. The two teams have their bye weeks at different times, so there'd be no way to make it up down the road.

Gee, what to do? What to do? Hmm. I don't know, how about holding it in a neutral stadium somewhere maybe? Maybe in San Antonio or something. Or wherever. Wasn't a Chargers game last year moved to Arizona or somewhere else because of fires? Surely they can find a stadium to move it to, even on short notice. And if it is too short notice to sell tickets or whatever, then that's pretty damn dumb of the league not to have a contingency plan on this. Everyone knew Hurricane Ike was coming. Gas prices went through the roof because of anticipation that oil refineries would be ruined. The gas companies knew Ike might cause damage, so why didn't the NFL foresee this potentially happening?

The NFL is usually such a well run league, but if the game is cancelled this week, they're really going to end up looking pretty bush league on this one, imo.

The game should at least be played somewhere. Even if it's too short of notice to sell tickets to the public. I know that in European soccer, if the home team's fans have acted poorly, sometimes they're punished by having to play their home games in an empty stadium. It's not an ideal situation, but it beats the alternative of actually cancelling the game.

Imo, there's just no excuse for this game to be cancelled.