View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 12:48 AM

Do you like keira knightley? What are your reasons for thinking this?
She's OK

Have you seen any of her movies? If so which ones have you seen?
The Pirate movies, and that soccer flick

Do you think she is known as a fashion icon rather than her roles in movies?
No
The idea of Keira Knightly as a fashion icon is truly laughable. Wearing clothes does not an icon make.

Do you think her roles tend to be more stereotypical to a “damsel in distress” stereotype?
No 

What are your reasons for thinking this?
She took control of her own destiny in the pirates flicks. A damsel in distress just waits for the man to save her.

Do you like Audrey Hepburn? What are your reasons for thinking this?
I am familiar with Audrey Hepburns work, therefor I like her. I don't believe it is possible to see her in a film and not like her. Anyone?

Have you seen any of her movies? If so which ones have you seen?
My Fair Lady, Roman Holiday, How to Steal a Million, Sabrina, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Wait until Dark, and the Clone one from the 70's thats conspiciously missing from her IMDB page.

Do you think she is known as a fashion icon rather than her roles in movies?
Both.

Do you think her roles tend to be more stereotypical to a “damsel in distress” stereotype?
No

Do you think that keira knightly is similar to Audrey Hepburn?
No
I find the idea rather insulting

VS.

Nice trash bag Keira

Keira is pretty and all, but photographers, designers, artists and directors may like her, but they are not dying to work with her like they were with Audrey Hepburn. Keira Knightly is a one out of a 100 beauty who has a nice career and can work a red carpet. Audrey Hepburn was a once in a lifetime legend. For definitive proof, I say time capsule this for 20 years, and see who's asking about Keira Knightley then.

Would you say that the lead roles of women in the 50’s have evolved in comparison to modern day?
Yes

To say that anything hasn't evolved in 60 years doesn't make much sense.