View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 04:29 AM
DVD Crawl. Vol. 28, #2 - February 10th, 2009

"I've had, like, ten times as much sex as the rest of these girls, and I still look like this. I mean, they spend, like, an hour in the back seat of some car and all of a sudden they're in Technicolor?" - Jennifer

Four stores (kinda) - two titles.

I had some problem finding "My Name Is Bruce" at Best Buy. The fellow in Media did a search and saw that it was on back order, but decided to check the stock room. Some time later came back with four copies. Odd. They moved the new release table from the DVD area. Which kinda defeats the purpose. Wouldn't you want that where shoppers pick up the new stuff and browse the isles; make impulse buys?

Next I visited Target. Recon. I heard they might be selling the two disc SE for "Breakfast At Tiffany's" for eight bucks. Some are finding it. My store has the single disc - pervious edition. *shrug*

I went to both my local Wal-Marts to find the two disc SE for "Back To The Future". I'm gland I didn't find it at store one; they were selling it for fifteen bucks. The second store had it thirteen. Shiny.

Going back to "My Name I Bruce" the release comes with a mini comic book. Which pretty much spoils the movie. It doen't bother me. I usually know how a film ends from much internet reading. I'm such a fanboy. Anyhow I bring this up became of what is said in the end. As to be expected our hero wins. And tells the kid who caused all this mayhem, NOT to call him if more supernatural shenanigans happens. 'Call that Buffy chick'.

That's an awesome idea for a sequel. I can so see that. It's not like Sarah Michelle Gellar is doing anything. Have her play herself (kinda) and Alyson Hannigan getting suckered into saving a town from vampries. It could have a "Galaxy Quest" feel to it. C'mon, you know that would be fun. I would buy that. *nods*

The film could have an egg near the final credit scroll. Gellar and Hannigan on Bruce's porch. He opens and gets punched by Gellar.

Yeah I should. Only the first BTTF re-release has new extras. II and III have the same bonuses as in the previous box set.