View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 05:08 AM
DVD Crawl. Vol. 28, #3 - February 24th, 2009

"Listen to me. A storm o'hell's coming down on this place any second. I don't know what they are, I don't know where they came from. All I do know is that these fuckers are fast, nasty, and hungry... and there's four of 'em. They got claws like Ginsu knives and more teeth than a chainsaw. They're comin'... right now. So we gotta lock this bar down. That means doors, windows, drains, and zippers, and we gotta do it now. You! Get a phone, call the cops, National Guard, townies, anybody who kicks ass, and get 'em out here. Any questions?" - Hero

Three stores - four titles.

I bought my target from Best Buy, "Sex Drive: Unrated... 3 - Disc Best Buy Exclusive". Once again the new release table wasn't near the movie media area. The three discs are mint, which is good considering that disc one is double sided. Disc three is in an envelope. Which can and will chafe disc 1. I've taken it out and storing it elsewhere, that is until I can get a proper home. What I need is another one of those three title sets from the five dollar bin at Wal-Mart. Same case as the one used for the 3 discer for Rob Zombie's "Halloween". I am curious to see the topless abstinence Xtreme dancers (that a grouping of word I wouldn't expect to be stringed).

Made what could very well be my last voyage to Circuit City. There were only two isles of media; DVD, BluRay and CDs. Lots of crap. The store is so quiet and maybe a handful of prospective customers. I did happen to hear a couple bickering about procrastination. Picked up season one of "October Road" for thirteen bucks. It's a decent show and it stars Lindy Booth. I'm rather fond of her. Bought "Category 7: The End Of The World" last year because she was in it. A craptacular sequel to a mini-series that should've never been made. But damn she's so huggable. And it ("October Road") also stars Odette Yustman (just realized that), the rescue girl from "Coverfield". At the checkout I was asked if I wanted a Circuit City jersey - clothes off their backs. So I have this jersey... Not sure what I'm gonna do with it, but it's a nice souvenir to a store that went ghost.

The last locale was Wal-Mart. The usual assortment of folks. Eye candy and Wal-Mart rarely mix. There I picked up the last copy of "Christopher Titus: Love Is Evol" and the repackaging of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", now with the banner 'I Love The 80's'; comes with a CD sampler. I already own this. But the recent special edition had an extra that didn't carry over - commentary by director John Hughes. The power of being anal. My Ferris set is complete. No, that's not true. Now I need to pick up season one of "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" on June 30th.

Oh yeah. Had to use some wood glue to fix up the splitting "October Road" slipcover. It's a good investment for collectors. *nods* Indeed. This will make sense when you understand. I suppose I would do that I had enough money to burn; entertaining and informative in a bouncy way.

There are three more days left for that exclusive Circuit City online content for "Eagle Eye" (not hosted by CC). Did anybody buy it from them? I would like a copy.

Best Buy exclusive bonus disc

Last edited by JohnIan; 02-25-2009 at 05:20 AM..