View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 06:46 PM
I work at a media production center, mostly doing post-production work. I also freelance as a cinematographer, cameraman, and editor. I've been lucky and got to shoot for some local PBS affiliates, interviewing Bernadine Dohrn and Cornel West among others, but mostly it's pretty dull stuff I work on.

When I start grad school in September I'll go back to just the occasional freelance work and being a full-time student.

In the past I've been a GRE and SAT tutor for college and high school kids, an everything tutor for 1st-3rd graders, a research assistant at the Nuclear Studies Institute, a creative writing class TA, a financial assistant for the National Presbyterian School, a landscaper, a construction worker (just on one big remodeling project), video store clerk, Target salesperson, and very briefly a telemarketer. I think I liked my jobs in that order.

I can tell you that telemarketers hate calling you at least twice as much as you hate getting the calls and that it's easiest for everyone to just promptly hang up.

Last edited by QUENTIN; 07-26-2009 at 10:48 AM..