Yet another reboot... this one actually sounds like a good idea, though. I enjoyed SUPERMAN RETURNS, but its main problem was that it tried to copy the original Richard Donner film way too much.
Here's a few things I would do:
- Keep Brandon Routh. The guy didn't do a bad job, he looks the part (and he eerily resembled Christopher Reeve a lot). Any problems the movie had weren't with him, I'd say he deserves it.
- Get rid of Lex Luthor. Superman's archnemesis, yes, but he's too overused. And if you're going to include him, don't make him campy; rather, he should be the complete and utter prick he's in the comics. This ties into...
- No corny sidekicks (Fuck Otis).
- Actually have Superman kick ass for once. The climax of the last movie was Supes lifting a giant rock - give me a break! Actually have him fight someone this time, someone who can give him a real test, people like Darkseid, Doomsday, Metallo, etc.
- Avoid giving too much time to the origin story. 80% of all fans pretty much know it by now.