Thread: Treme
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Oh. My. God. I'm so excited. I only ever caught on to the real great shows - The Sopranos, The Wire, Six Feet Under, etc - in retrospect, and after their runs had finished already. But now, I get to enjoy being a part of an instant classic, and what is destined to be one of the great TV works of all time, as it is born. The pilot episode was phenomenal. Absolutely phenomenal. David Smon and crew took everything that was good about The Wire - the top-notch cinematography, the strong and multi-layered characters, the distinct dialogue with astute attention to local customs and slang - but left behind the police and drug trade procedural elements, leaving us with pure, unadultered human drama, and some of the best I've ever seen. The pilot did a flawless job at establishing a cast of varied and fascinating characters, its distinct use of its New Orleans setting, and a very high standard of realistic, real-life drama that will certainly prove to be one of the great TV shows of the coming decade, and of all time at that. Love it, love it, love it!