Thread: Losing a Pet
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
I know there's another thread about pets somewhere, but I didn't feel like searching for it. We just had to put one of our dogs down, and I'm doing whatever I can to get through this. Writing about her helps a little. I've never lost a pet before. I've been dreading this day for a long time, but I knew it was going to happen at some point. She's a lab/chow mix named Cleo. She had full-blown kidney failure. She was 13. I don't know how to fucking talk about her in past tense. I'm an emotional person anyway, so this has been hitting me hard.

I can't look at a picture of her right now without crying my eyes out. Otherwise, I'd post a picture. Maybe I will in a few days.

Feel free to share memories of your fallen pets.
I am so sorry you are going through this; I know how hard it is. I had to do the same as you last summer and I had her for a bit over 13 years, but she was about a year old when I adopted her. It hit me very hard too; I was a wreck. Just know that she is in a better place right now, in no pain any longer and that she had a good life and was well loved.