Thread: Sons of Anarchy
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Shores View Post
If the first season didn't impress you, I'd say the second won't either. Might as well cut your losses.
Word, that's prob what will happen. I mean, I'm not saying its a bad show, its def better than a lot (*cough*TrueBlood*coughcough*), but I guess I just expected a bit more. There were definitely a few cool scenes throughout and, as I said earlier, I really do dig the concept (especially the subtle Hamlet parallels), but I just think they could've done more with it and the writing (the dialogue in particular) could be stronger (One example: Early on in the season, they use a fair amount of biker slang. I think they could've used more of it, would've gone to make it a bit more distinctive).

But really, my problems with SoA really goes to highlight one of the biggest problems I feel that a lot of TV shows have today: they try to be too accessible. Obviously, the whole point of a TV show is to get viewership and you're guaranteed to get more if you cast a wider net, but above all, I feel the showrunners should care more about delivering a quality product being faithful to their setting/characters more than caring about appealing to general audiences. But hey, that's idealist ol' me...

EDIT: Oh, and the "John the Revelator" cover at the end was pretty cool, I'll give it that as well.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 08-30-2010 at 10:10 AM..