View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
Felix Hernandez should get it hands down he lead the league in ERA, WHIP and Ks and its not his fault he pitches for the team that had the worst offense of all time 7 of his starts the team scored 0 runs for him and don't give me that he doesn't have enough wins. Wins is the most misleading stat for a pitcher you don't control it your team does.

To me he's the 2nd best pitcher in baseball behind Roy Halladay who pitched a no hitter in his first post season game how's that for a post season debut.

Wished he did that as a Blue Jays but great for him I'm hoping Phily wins only for him to get the world series championship that he deserves.
No way! 18 of his games were against terrible offensive teams (Oak 3, Det 1, Bal 1, KC 2, SD 2, LAA 5, ChC 1, ChW 2, Cle 2) 6 games against Texas and 2 of them were when at the end of the season when the O went into the tank. I give him mad props for doing what he did to the Yanks, Bos and Tor, but that brings me to a very important point.

Pitching in the AL east is much harder than if you have to pitch in the AL west. Both Lester and Buchholz had great years. Clay is 17-7 with a 2.33 ERA, so he should be in the conversation with both ERA and wins on his side. CC also lost out on 3 or 4 wins too. I would vote for him and his 0-0 shutout battle with Price in the last weeks of the season over anything Felix did.

I also buy into pressure. Teams in the east had way more pressure knowing that if you win or lose it matters more. Felix had no pressure. He does not get it in my opinion.