View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I remember Media Play. I can't say I recall its quality of the movie selection. It wasn't at the mall I went to. What I remember about Suncoast was its amazing selection of old and new movies. But was it expensive to shop there? That I don't particularly remember. I was only pondering that theory in my first post. Chances are, I would have bit the bullet on any not-too-unreasonable price because of what they had.

I will say this, I do seem to remember the manager of my local Suncoast being a bit cold towards me (and cold in general). I may have tried getting a job there in 2001 and it just didn't come through. The rest of the employees I don't recall having any attitudes. I'm sorry about the lousy sercive you recieved at your store, Tweek. It's a shame your store wasn't better managed.

It just would have been nice if DVDs and the Suncoast/Sam Goody business had been marketed better and didn't ask for too much $$$. Online businesses still would have showed up, but they could worked together with the physical stores. As long as prices weren't driven up, there would have people who wanted to get out of the house and go to the video store, and other people who have prefered the "easier"/less fun way of doing it over the computer.

A world with this fewer video/specialty stores doesn't make sense to me. It's like they want people to do everything at the click of a button, never leave the house and forget how to physically co-exist with other human beings. And this is coming from someboy who is a loner. Suncoast and all those other beloved stores were reasons to step out of the house and do something. It's as if the world is getting bigger and smaller at the same time.

Last edited by Duke Nukem; 01-07-2011 at 11:13 PM..