View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 06:34 AM
In the past two weeks I've finally been getting back around to reading a lot more... heres a few of the titles...

Imperial Bedrooms by Bret Easton Ellis - 5.5/10
Quick Thoughts: Book was really slick and solid,typical Ellis all the way up until the last 15-20 pages...from there the twist/spin on certain things just didn't hit me in a delightful way and I found them way too random and over the top. Not what I was expecting at all, but I did enjoy the majority of it, like I stated,just until the ending started unfolding.

After Dark by Haruki Murakami 7.5/10
Have had a random spark on interest in this author and this story,while a bit odd/wild, is a really solid read, especially fun to dig into if you are an insomniac/sleep deprivated person like me,hah.

Snuff by Chuck Palhaniuk 9/10
The only Palhaniuk book i've read so i'm not on the big bandwagon yet, but this book is so damn insane and fun of a wild ride. Solid spins unfolding,characters are unique/different,and I LOVED the change-up of narrators constantly...so fun.

South of the Border,West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami 5/10
Nothing unique or very fresh,but some solid writing in terms of the romance/passion/lust between characters, but somewhat like Imperial Bedrooms, the ending flat out ends without much closure and you feel somewhat cheated.