View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
How many of you that are really excited for this enjoyed the past two PJ flicks? I think opinions are pretty split about King Kong around here, but I get the impression that The Lovely Bones is mostly considered a misstep. Do you guys think The Hobbit films will be as good as LOTR, or at least better than his previous two attempts? And what implications do you think that might have on his career?
Honestly, I'm still not 100% convinced. I thought that Kong was entertaining but bloated and overlong, and The Lovely Bones was a disaster. It seems to be a case of post-blockbuster depression, a-la George Lucas' career post-Star Wars. But I hope not. What made LOTR so good was that PJ was an edgy indie director when he made them, so he brought that style and mentality with him. Unfortunately the PJ making The Hobbit films isn't the same PJ that made LOTR. All we can hope is that he will try and mimic his previous style as best as possible, and use as many of Guillermo Del Toro's design ideas as possible, just to change it up a bit. Let's hope for the best!