Thread: Bad Habits?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 03:42 PM
I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. Something's gotta give, and that something is Chinese food, chocolate, you name it. I don't actually pig out, but I eat a little more than I should. My average weight has balanced around 210-215 pounds and my job (at a garden center, a physical job) helps me maintain the weight. However, I have been more prone to M&M ice cream sandwiches and Cocoa Puffs cereal lately. They are challenging my 210-215. I became concerned immediately when it rose above 215. I have to scale back from them once in a while (but don't want to, because they taste so good). I would definitely say it is a little unhealthy and a bad habit.

If soda is really a bad habit, why is it available everywhere we go? That's right, because the corporations have all the money and rule over all of us. If there were more healthy AND tasty beverages as readily available...but is it not a perfect world.

I brush twice a day, but the last time I flossed my teeth was three years ago. I hate flossing and also haven't been to the dentist in the same amount of time. However, I have been using listerine since last year (after enough bad dreams about losing my teeth). And I'm using toothpaste that restores my enamel. But I get the feeling that all that isn't enough.

There are so many little things concerning our bodies that we have to keep up every day or week, that it feels like a chore.