View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Yeah he's a great blocker, but the fact that they drafted Brown led me to believe they were souring on Addai.
I don't think it was so much as souring on him as much as the miles he'd have on him at the end of his contract. Plus they seemed to liked having the dual running backs that worked with Addai and Rhodes. Have the two split time then when Joe's contract is up you let him go, grab another rookie RB to split with Brown.

Wash/rinse/repeat.

Quote:
And since then, although Brown has pretty much sucked, Addai hasn't exactly tore it up.
None of their backs have done much and I think alot of that has more to do with the O-line. Bill Polian more or less built that line to keep people off 18 but not to be able to actually move people and open holes. When he blamed the O-line for the SB loss to NO and then does NOTHING to improve it, that kind of irritated me a tad. If anything he made it worse by letting Ryan Lilja go. Since Bill didn't do the drafting this year and they took two O-line guys in the first and second round, I'm hoping this is the start of fixing that.

Quote:
I figured they'd just sign a free agent running back at this point, but I guess not.
I guess the thinking was, "With the lockout and everything do you sign an average back who doesn't know the system or do you keep your average back who does?"

Oh well, I just can't wait for the season to start to see what happens.